California

(I'm going to get rid of the time and location thing because it's pretty much irrelevant to the story)

Chapter 24

California

"Okay here we go...focus..speed......I am speed...."

"Victory...1 winner...2 losers..."

"Speed, speed, speed, speed.."

*BANG BANG BANG*

Lightning's eyes shot open after having a vision of his friends "Hey Lightning! Are you ready?" Mack yelled from outside the trailer. Lightning couldn't keep his mind off his friends but he was determined to keep his mind on the race...."Y-yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm uh I'm ready." Lightning answered putting his tire down on the button on the ground of the trailer. The trailer door opened as a bunch of cars flashed their cameras at Lightning, ecstatic to see he had been found.

Once Lightning got out of the crowd of cars with a sigh he drove up to Mack who had a headset on and a gas can attached to him "Mack, thanks for being my pit crew today." Lightning thanked as Mack put on a smile "Na. Don't worry about it, kid. It's the least I could do. After all, "Gas Can" is my middle name." Mack replied "It is?" Lightning asked a little surprised "Ah...not really."

Lightning was just chilling on the track thinking before a c shaped beam of sunlight hit his eyes making him grunt "Ka-chicka, Ka-chicka, Ka-chicka!" Chick yelled with a laugh as Lightning rolled his eyes. He didn't miss Chick one bit "Hey, where you been, McQueen? I've been kinda lonely. Nobody to hang out with. I mean, except the Dinoco folks. Aw, and the twins. Of course. You know the twins the ones that used to be your fans, but now they're my fans. Anyway, listen to what the twins think..."

Lightning tuned out Chick as Sally on the bridge in front of the water appeared in his vision. Sally glanced at him before the green flag waved making him jump out of his vision. The King and Chick zoomed off fast as Lightning took a few seconds before chasing after them "Boogity, boogity, boogity, boys! Let's go racin'!" Darrell yelled as The King took the lead with Chick right behind him and Lightning trailing far behind but he started to catch up "Fifty laps down, and The King is still holding a slim lead!" Lightning drove up next to Chick "Hey, McQueen's got a run on him! He's looking to the inside!" Just before Lightning could pass Chick, Chick drove right in front of Lightning making him swerve a bit with surprise "Oh, Chick slammed the door on him!"

"Chick's not making it easy on him today." Lightning regained his steadiness and trailed far behind once again "Oh, man, he lost so much momentum, and now he's gonna have to chase him back down!" As Lightning was catching up to the other two racers his vision messed him once again showing Sally driving in front of him in a forest. Lightning put on a little smile but when Sally drove into a puddle his vision disappeared and he saw he was heading straight towards the wall. He turned away just as he was about to crash into it then spinned out into the infield "OH!!! McQueen spins out in the infield!"

The crowd gasps at Lightning almost crashing as Chick just laughs "Just me and the old man, fellas. McQueen just doesn't have it today." Chick said to his pit crew, making them laugh, "Be quiet bozos!" Lightning groaned as he drove back onto the track "Hey, kid, are you alright?" Mack asked, concerned, through his headset "I don't know, Mack..I...I...I don't think I-"

"I didn't come all this way to see you quit." Hearing that familiar voice made Lightning's eyes widened...it can't be..."Doc?" Lightning looked over at his pit area to see most of his friends had come to watch Lightning race, even be his pit crew!...and there was Doc, shining in the spot as the crew chief, and rocking his old racing paint. "Guys, you're here! I can't believe this!" Lightning exclaimed with a wide smile "I knew you needed a crew chief, but I didn't know it was this bad." Doc said, putting on a smile "I thought you said you'd never come back."