Into the Cacti

Chapter 14

Into the Cacti

Location: Radiator Springs

Time: 3:32PM

Everyone was now at Willy's butte, ready to watch the race between Doc Hudson and Lightning McQueen. Sheriff was in front of them now giving the rules of the race "Gentlemen, this will be a one-lap race. You will drive to Willy's Butte, go around Willy's Butte and come back. There will be no bumpin', no cheatin', no spittin', no bittin', no road rage, no maimin', no oil slickin', no pushin', no shovin', no backstabbin', no road-hoggin' and no lollygaggin'."

"Speed. I'm speed. Float like a Cadillac, sting like a Beemer." Lightning whispered to himself prancing around making Doc glance at him. Luigi then drove in front of the two laughing "My friend Guido, he dream to give a real race car a pit stop!" Luigi said then Guido drove up next to him "Pit Stop!"

Lightning chuckled "The race is only one lap, guys. Uno lappo! Don't need any help. I work solo mio." Lightning said, making Luigi put on a frown "Fine, race your way." Luigi then drove off but not Guido "No pit stoppo. Comprendo?" Lightning asked "Okay." Guido then drove off. Lightning shook his front side "Good luck Doc!" Grace yelled making Ivy giggle.

Doc glanced up at Grace with a smile "Gentlemen!" Doc jumped then looking in front of him to see Sheriff had appeared in front of him and Lightning "Start your engines!" Sheriff yelled, making Doc turn on his engine which was nice and quiet but when Lightning turned on his engine it was LOUD.

Grace and Ivy winced as the other's gasp at Lightning's engine "Great idea, Doc. Now the road will never get done." Sally groaned "Luigi." Sheriff called as he drove off and Luigi drove in front of the two chuckling "On your mark, get set. Uno for the money, due for the show, tre to get ready, and quattro to...I can't believe it...GO!"

When Lightning spun his back tires he took off as dust flew everywhere. Everyone cheered except for Grace and Ivy who chuckled "Let's go tease him when he falls into the cacti." Ivy whispered to Grace making her smirk "Heck yeah sis!" Grace whispered then the two drove off without even being noticed.

As the dust slowly cleared up everyone noticed Doc didn't even move a budge. When Luigi noticed Doc hadn't driven off he turned around to Doc "Huh? Doc, the flag means go. Remember the flag. Here we go. Go."

"Uhh Doc...what are you doing man?" Ramone asked "Oh, dear. It would seem I'm off to a poor start. Well, better late than never. Come on, Mater. Might need a little help." Doc said, beginning to drive down the track "Um, okay." Mater then drove up next to Doc "You got your tow cable?" Doc asked "Well, yeah. I always got my tow cable. Why?" Mater asked showing his tow cable to Doc to prove he had his cable "Oh, just in case."

-I'm getting tired so insert Lightning driving through cacti-

Grace and Ivy drove up to the cliff side to see Lightning wedged into cacti "YOU OKAY BRO?" Ivy yelled "Yeah..." Lightning answered as Doc and Mater drove up next to the two "Hey! Was that floating like a Cadillac, or was that stinging like a Beemer? I'm confused!" Doc yelled making Mater laugh "You drive like you fix roads! Lousy!" Grace said before Doc could.

"You think going fast will solve all your problems but patience exists, kid!" Grace yelled, making Doc laugh and Ivy giggle, "You're becoming a boomer way too fast..." Ivy mumbled as Lightning puffed up his cheeks "Have fun fishing, Mater." Doc said, driving off.

Mater then threw his hook down which hooked onto Lightning's under cartage "AH!" Lightning yelped as Mater began to pull him up.

"I'm startin' to think he knowed you was gonna crash!"

"Thank you Mater...thank you..."

"HAHA!"