~~~~~ 

We finally got there and stepped out of the car. I tightened my ponytail as Julia led the way. We were all walking in a single line and the sun was beaming down on us. Who the fuck hikes in the afternoon? 

That's like when the sun is the brightest and hottest. Like what the fuck? "It's way too hot to be doing this," I groaned while placing my hands on Riley's shoulders. She was walking in front of me and I was using her to keep myself steady. 

"Is my sister fucking crazy?" Jacob huffed while placing his hands on my shoulders and soon enough, all of us were walking in a train. We were halfway through and took a break. A long ass break. 

"Did anyone bring food?" It was nearing lunchtime and we were all getting hungry. 

"We seriously just shouldn't have come here," Jacob sat on the rock beside mine. We all were burned up and flushed and sweaty. It was a mess. 

"Come on, let's go to the peak," Julia stood up. 

"Are you kidding?" all of us asked in sync. Even Noah. 

"What?" she asked innocently. 

"I'm not going," I put my foot down. "It is way too hot and sunny for this. If you wanted to hike you should've waited till at least five pm. We go up there right now, we won't even get to watch the sunset," I stood up. 

"So?" she asked. 

"Are you kidding?" I scoffed, "The whole point of a hike is to get to see a beautiful view, whether it be a sunset or a skyline and at this hour, it will be neither." 

She groaned, "So what do we do?" we all sat back down. 

"We kill time here, and then at five we go to watch the sunset," I huffed. 

"And till then?" Jacob asked. We have four hours to kill, what the hell are we gonna do. 

"How many of you guys brought your phones?" Nobody? "Great," I mumbled. I stood up and went to a shaded corner, sitting on the rock under a tree. This is just the best hike ever. We were all either sitting by ourselves or in pairs and I was sitting alone when Jacob walked off somewhere. 

Down the hill. 

Why would he go backward? 

I stood up and followed up. Riley was the only person that saw me and she didn't say anything. He went quite far and when I got to him, he was smoking. He saw me coming but he didn't throw it away. 

"Really?" I deadpanned disapprovingly. "Since when?" I asked while we sat down in the shade. 

"About two weeks into New York," he replied. 

"Why?" I sighed. 

"I hated it there. Someone offered so I took it," he shrugged. 

"Yeah, well..." I grabbed it from his lips and threw it, putting it out. "You're not in New York anymore," I got up and went back. 

He came back after a while and sat with Nick while Riley walked over to me. 

"He was fucking smoking," I sighed while leaning my head against the tree trunk. 

"You seem worried," she smirked. 

"Riley," I huffed. 

"You never answered my question," she said. 

"What question?" I asked in confusion. 

"Do you want something to happen between you two?" she asked her question again. I turned to her but I didn't answer. "Don't know yet?" she prompted and I nodded with a sigh. "You know, you two are a good match," she said. 

My mind snapped back to when Jacob said that. 

They're both so wrong. 

"Well, I'll be over there," she stood up and went over to Nick while Jacob walked over to me and sat down where Riley did a minute ago. 

"Quitting might be harder than I thought," he admitted. 

"Hmm, well you shouldn't have done it in the first place." I was a lot more upset than I thought I would be and I don't know why it affected me so much. 

"Mads-" he began but I cut him off. 

"Mm-mm," I shook my head. "Last night you said you went to New York and thought of the things you did after listening to what I told you. And you've done a lot of stupid shit, Jacob. But this tops everything." I shook my head, disappointed. 

"I'll try to quit," he sighed in defeat. 

"You're not going to try, you are going to quit." 

He chuckled at my determination before he pulled his phone out of his pocket. "You had it?!" I smacked his shoulder. 

"Only for gaming purposes," he smirked. 

"What games?" I asked. 

"The classics," he replied. "Subway surfers, temple run..." he listed a few. 

"Cooking fever?" I asked teasingly. 

"You bet," he handed me his phone. I realized it was his old phone. He and I took turns playing some games till the phone died. We all were hanging out in our pairs, no one was really in the mood to hang out as a group and we still had roughly an hour to spare. 

"We can go now, come on," Julia stood up, catching everyone's attention. We were all extremely bored of just sitting there so we headed on. It was a long way to go compared to what we thought and halfway through, my legs were giving out. Julia and Noah were way ahead of us. 

That's like couples that workout together. That could be cute but this feels like a moment where they are just too much. Nick and Riley were not too far ahead of us but I did not want to hike anymore. 

On top of that, I was getting period cramps thanks to the period I started this morning so, aye fuck my life. 

"I'm not going any further, my stomach hurts." The fact that we didn't eat all day didn't help either. I sat down on a boulder and hugged my stomach. Everyone was far ahead of us by now but Jacob stayed behind with me. 

"Come on," he grabbed my arm and pulled me up. 

"No," I huffed and folded my arms across my chest while standing on the boulder. 

He turned his back to me and grabbed my legs, holding me on his back. 

"What are you doing?" I asked while grabbing his shoulders to keep myself up. 

"Making this shitty hike easier for you, and faster for me." 

He carried me up the rest of the way, setting me down before we reached the others so Julia wouldn't see. 

"Thanks," I smiled.

"My pleasure," he smirked.  

.

.

.

.

.

Chapter eleven <3

What do you think Jacob will do next in his POV chapter?

Please vote and comment <3