"Vedu Vada?"

Surbhi put her plate down and exchanged a glance with Parth who was staring at me with wide eyes and open mouth. None of them said anything for what seemed like decades and suddenly, they broke out chuckling like maniacs.

"She is a gone case now," Parth commented.

"Didn't I tell you already?" Surbhi added and clutched her stomach, trying to control her laughing fit.

I glimpsed at Tanya, Divya and Rashi who were snickering themselves but didn't comment directly. I narrowed my eyes at my best friends and told them to stop making fun of me or I would not talk to them ever. They ignored me and continued laughing at the two words which slipped out of mouth accidentally.

 They ignored me and continued laughing at the two words which slipped out of mouth accidentally

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

(Medu Vada👆)

I huffed and finished off my lunch along with the Medu Vada which Surbhi had ordered for herself. For the first time, I sighed in relief when the bell rang signalling the end of recess and dashed out of the diner before Parth and Surbhi came with more jokes on me.

Since I had a free period, I decided to cure my boredom in the library and maybe sleep if I couldn't concentrate. I was walking really slowly as my mind was clouded with a lot of thoughts when my phone rang and broke me out of my reverie.

I picked up the call after reading the caller ID. I opened my mouth to greet Zoya but after hearing her panicked voice, all colour drained out of my face.

"Didi, please come soon. Ammi is in hospital; she got a heart attack," Zoya cried.

"I am reaching there in a few minutes. Don't panic, okay?" I hung up the call and zoomed towards the parking lot to get my scooter.

I was on my way when I noticed Karthik entering on his bike through the gates and showing his ID card to the security guards. Without wasting any more time, I ran to him and asked him to give me his bike.

"What's the matter, Sandhya?" he enquired.

"Can't explain now. Can you please land me your motorcycle? I promise I won't break it," I told him in a hurry.

He didn't ask further questions and hopped off his vehicle. Within seconds, I mounted his bike and drove out of the college at lightning speed. I already knew the hospital's address since there was only one multi-specialty clinic where Zoya lived and considering the severity of her mother's condition, they would have gone there only.

I wanted to reach there as early as possible, so I didn't care about the traffic and even broke a few signals too. I reminded myself to stop worrying about that and just focus on my top priority at the moment. Ten minutes later, I was outside the hospital where Faiyaz's Mom was admitted.

I hurriedly parked Karthik's bike in the parking lot and stomped towards the reception area. After getting the information, I headed towards the ICU no. 7 but bumped into someone. I apologized to a girl in a burkha who also looked in some kind of emergency.