PART 29

Gaara isn't so gentle when he places Neji onto [Name's] couch. He glares the whole time but makes sure that angry expression is never directed towards his girlfriend.

"Are you sure, [Name]?" He asks for the umpteenth time since they got there. He hates this. With his entire being, he hates it.

"Yes, I'm sure. Don't worry about me," [Name] answers. She pats his shoulder to comfort him. "Trust me."

"I do trust you [Name]! I don't trust him! Let me stay!" Gaara sighs and combs his fingers through his hair. He remembers what Matsuri and Sari said. How [Name] is falling out of love with him. And it hurts.

God, it hurts.

"Why are you pushing me away?" Gaara asks, sounding heartbroken. [Name] grabs his hand, peering into his eyes. She sees the anguish in his eyes and wonders what could possibly be going on in his head.

"Gaara, I'm not. I just don't want you to stress out over this. I'll be fine. Neji is my friend, and he knows I'm taken," [Name] speaks softly. "Gaara, if you don't trust him, it's like you're not trusting me."

Gaara deflates. His whole demeanor turns sweet upon seeing her kind eyes, that little smile, and the warmth emitting from her palm. He focuses in on her lips. He leans in to kiss her. Once, twice, then three times.

"Let me stay for a little while, then I'll get out of your hair. I want to do something with you," Gaara says. He squeezes her hand and pulls her to the bedroom.

"Gaara," she mumbles, a little suspicion embedded in her voice. "I should really tend to Neji and get some rest myself."

"It'll be fun, c'mon." He convinces her and closes the door behind them. Together, they sit on the bed, hands still holding one another. "Let's make out like the teenagers we are."

[Name] laughs. "Really? But Gaara, I'm tired. You can lay down with me for a while, but you have to leave in like an hour."

She flops back on her bed, arms open. "Come on, in my arms. I'll hold you like the baby you are."

"Pfft. I'm not a baby," Gaara scoffs but falls into her arms anyway. He still pecks at her lips. "I still want kisses, though."

"Of course. The baby can have kisses," she mocks with a cackle.

...

They do end up locking lips like the overly excited teenagers they are. But even after an hour, Gaara doesn't leave. It bugs [Name] because she doesn't want him here; Not that she's going to snuggle next to Neji.

She's still in his arms. They switched positions a while ago. His eyes are closed, but she knows that he isn't sleeping. Gaara doesn't sleep until 4am. If he's lucky, he'll pass out at 2:30.

"Gaara," she speaks softly while tapping his arm. "Gaara, you need to go."

He groans, only pulling her closer.

"You said you'd get out of my hair after you stayed a while."

He squeezes her tight and hides his face in the curve of her neck.

"Gaara, you have to leave."

Gaara sighs. "I don't want to."

"But, you have to."

"It's late. It's dangerous to leave so late. I should stay."

"Go home."

"No."

[Name] pinches her eyebrows together. She balls her fists and breaks out of his arms. Sitting up, [Name] faces away from her boyfriend and points to the door. "I am tired of your attitude now out."

"But---"

"Out!"

Gaara is beyond upset. His anger finally boils over and froths like a rabid dog. He smacks the bed and rolls off of it to his feet.

"Why are you kicking me out?!" He seethes with rage, jealousy, and envy. "You should be kicking that bastard out! I'm just trying to make sure you're safe!"

[Name] turns to him, seeing that his teeth are bared, and his chest rises and falls with every heavy breath. He's fed up. But with what she wonders. Nothing she's done so far is out of the ordinary.

"Gaara, you brought me home safe, and I thank you for that." She sighs and rubs her weary eyes. "But I'm fine now. I'm safe at home, and you should get home safely too. I'm sure your family is worried."

Gaara grumbles, trying his best to not show her how scary he becomes when he's angry. "I want to stay."

"You can't. Having two guys here makes me uncomfortable. And I am not kicking out Neji, who might be drunk and is unconscious."

Gaara stays silent. He shrugs, angry face still on as he leaves her room swiftly and quietly. In a few seconds, she hears her front door slam closed.

[Name] takes a breath. On the outside, she looks fine, just exhausted. But on the inside, she feels awful. Not only does the alcohol not mix with her empty stomach, but she just kicked out her boyfriend. Someone that she claims to love.

Did we just have our first fight? She wonders. The sheets crumple as she grips them. She wants to scream, but it's way too late in the night to do that.

"I am so sorry, Gaara."

...

A/N: so sleepy 😣