PART 16

Gaara followed [Name] out of the diner once her shift was over. It was 5:50 and [Name] had changed into her school clothes. He could tell she was tired, but she denied it every time he brought it up.

"If you won't sleep, then I won't sleep," he says as they both enter his car. She puts on her seatbelt as he starts his car.

"Don't be like that," she pouts. "You need your sleep."

"And so do you."

He drives out of the parking lot, heading towards the school. It was a fairly short drive, though [Name] began to doze off; the hum of the engine lulling her to sleep.

By the time Gaara parked in the student parking lot, she was passed out in her seat.

"So cute," he mumbles, caressing her cheek. He gets out the car, and opens the door for her. He grabs her school bag and slings it over his shoulder before undoing her seatbelt. Gaara picks up his girlfriend, carrying her bridal style, and closed the door with his foot.

It was early, far too early for Gaara. It's 6:15 in the morning, and Gaara was carting his girlfriend to the front of the highschool. The one thing he didn't plan out was how to open up the door. Both of his hands were occupied. Possibly with his foot? It would be tough, but Gaara will try anyways.

The boy lifted his right foot and hooked it into the doorhandle. Slowly, he reeled his foot in which opened the door a bit. He regained any balance he lost during that action and as quickly as he could, he pulled his foot out of the door and wedged it in between the door before it closed. With a sigh of relief, he swung open the door with his foot and walked inside the building.

[Name] stirred in his arms as he walked up the stairs. He was heading towards the library to set her down. Fortunately when he did reach the library, one of the doors were already open, so he didn't have to go through the arduous task of opening the door again.

He sat [Name] down at the usual table and she slumped forward until her head rested on the surface of the table. He placed her bag right next to her chair, and kissed her head before he left the library.

...

What roused [Name] from her sleep was Gaara's persistent pokes to her side. She didn't move at first, but as the pokes continued she began to groan.

"Stop it," she whined, her lethargic body moved too slow to slap his hands away.

"Wake up," Gaara says. "I bought you some coffee."

[Name] lifted her head, her eyesight blurry as she looked at the large cup of coffee in front of her.

"Thank you," she says, taking the cup in her hands. She brought it up to her lips and took a sip, though the brown liquid burned her tongue in the process.

"It's too hot," she says, as she winced away from the cup. She felt as if her taste buds were scorched off.

"Ah, I'm sorry," Gaara apologizes. When their eyes met, [Name] noticed the mischievous glint in his eyes. He caressed her cheek and with a smirk he said, "Let me kiss it better."

[Name] felt heat rise to her cheeks as he started to lean in. Butterflies fluttered in her stomach and adrenaline rushed through her veins.

As if Gaara had his own gravitational pull, [Name] started to lean in too. She was about to have her first kiss. His lips were so close...

Out of nowhere, Neji slams his hand down on the table and says rather loudly, "Hello there love birds."

The two jump away from each other before their lips could touch. Slightly disappointed, [Name] looks towards Neji and gives him a wry smile.

"Good morning Neji," she says. Gaara only waves at the other male. There was slight tension between them. Gaara didn't hate Neji but he didn't like him either. Neji absolutely fucking hates the red head.

Neji believed that should have been him sitting next to her and drinking coffee. That should be him leaning in for a kiss. That should be him caressing her cheek.

That should be me. He thought, sitting in a seat next to [Name].

"What have you been up to lately?" He asked with a smile. The question was directed to [Name], but Gaara answers.

"Nothing much," Gaara replies. Neji clenches his jaw, though he looks to [Name] for her answer.

"I got off of work not too long ago," she says, picking up her coffee for another sip. This time it didn't burn her tongue, though some of it did drip down her chin.

Both boys reached over to wipe it off. Their thumbs touch, and Gaara's gaze flickers to Neji. They lock eyes and glare at each other.

Gaara wanted to snap and tell Neji off, but he didn't. Neji, well he wanted to do something far more drastic than just yelling. He wanted to throw a chair at him.

There was so much hate that bubbled inside of Neji, he could hardly control it. The only thing that held him back from starting a fight with Gaara is [Name].

"Um." [Name] interrupted their death glare battle. "I can wipe my own chin."

Both of them pull away and mumble an apology. She only giggles at the cuteness of the boys.

Just to be an asshole and prove his dominance, Gaara pulled [Name] into his lap and kissed her cheek. Neji watched with hate filled eyes, though it diminished into sorrowful longing once he noticed how happy [Name] is. She laughed lightly as he continued to place playful kisses up and down her neck and face.

Gaara watched him with a devious smirk as he placed another kiss on her neck. Neji could hardly look at them anymore, so he stood up from his seat and left the library.

Gaara let out a deep chuckle. He brought his lips up to her ear and kissed her lobe.

"You are mine."

...

A/N: The boys are getting possessive of you. You should feel special. Thanks for reading! Love you!! Bye bye.