PART 10

Hey um....

I like you.

Like, like like you.

[Name] stared at those three messages with wide eyes. She wanted to respond, but she didn't know how. What would she say? She didn't want to be blunt and outright ask who this person was, but it seemed like the best option.

I'm sorry but, who are you?

She waited for a response, but nothing came right away. Though [Name] was curious, she knew she had groceries to put away. Tossing her phone on the couch, she placed her bag on the floor. She picked up her two grocery bags and milk, and brought them into the kitchen.

[Name] stored the milk, eggs, yogurt and fruit in the fridge. She went to her room, doing her regular before bed routine. Now in pajamas, she returns to her phone. Though there was no new messages.

...

Hours went by but [Name] didn't receive any new messages. She wished she could've went to sleep, but her body wasn't tired. This meant that she had to stay up all night.

Maybe I should call my job and say I'm not coming in? She thought, picking up her phone and dialing her boss's number.

"Hello, [Name]."

"Hey, I don't think I can come in. You know, school and stuff."

[Name's] boss was possibly the most understandable human being on the planet. [Name] didn't take breaks during her work hours like some of her coworkers, didn't use any of her vacation or sick days in the past year, and never complained about anything — especially working seven days a week. Also, she would gladly split her tips with any of her selfish coworkers.

And that's why her boss loved her. She was kind, hardworking and generous.

"Yeah, yeah. That's fine," her boss responds casually. "I'll just find someone to fill in for you. Have fun doing homework."

"Thanks. Bye."

She ended the call and sighed. Grabbing her bag from the floor, she pulls out the stack of papers she received from Gaara and Sasuke. Looking through them, she checks that she finished everything before putting it back.

She turns on the TV, allowing the noise to fill the room. Though she never watched what was happening in the show, instead she dove into her thoughts. Currently her mind was on those three texts. Who could it possibly be?

Could it be Rock Lee? Cause apparently he's been crushing on every girl in the school latelywell once Sakura rejected him for the umpteenth time.

Maybe it's Kiba. He's kind of a dog, figuratively speaking. I can't even count how many girls he's been with at that school.