PART 14

[Name] watched as houses passed by the passenger window. Gaara lived in a nicer part of town, whereas she lived in the "bad" part of town. She also noted that his home was closer to her job.

She knew he had to be rich because there was an automatic gate that leads to a large white structure. Her insides jumbled together with such happiness that she clasped her hands together tightly and smiled until it hurt her cheeks.

Gaara parked right in front, and hurried out the car to help [Name] out. She giggled and thanked him. He escorted his girlfriend inside, and took her to his room.

The scheme color of his room was red and seafoam green. There was also some dark blues but it was scarce. 

As she was gazing around the room, she felt a pair of strong arms wrap around her midsection.

"May I just cuddle you forever?" Gaara asks as he guides her to his bed.

"I wouldn't mind that," she responds as she crawled onto his bed with him following after. They held each other basking in one another's warmth and security.

"I never thought you'd actually date me," Gaara mumbles, pressing his lips to her head. Though it wasn't necessarily a kiss, [Name] felt as if it were one and became faint. The girl giggles and looks at her new boyfriend.

"Why?" She asked, reaching up to touch his cheek. His skin was soft to the touch, almost as if it were satin.

"I don't know. Maybe because I'm not attractive enough, or because I'm not as smart as Sasuke," he begins. "I'm not as friendly or as kind as Naruto. I'm not charming like Neji or romantic like Kiba. I'm just plain, boring old Gaara."

[Name] giggles, thinking what he just said was downright silly. "You have a clan of crazed fan girls that think otherwise."

"But they're crazed fan girls, [Name]. They'll do anything I say but no matter how many times I reject them, they'll keep coming back to me," he says.

Gaara then reaches up to cup [Name's] cheeks. "However you, you [Name], are a sensible, hardworking, beautiful woman that I know I don't deserve and yet you picked me. You don't understand how happy you made me by saying such a simple word. I like you, a lot. Too much, in fact, to even call it love."

She stared into his eyes, wondering how she should respond. Never has a boy confessed to her like this, never has anyone complimented her in such a way that caused her heart to pound in her chest. She searched for words to say, and found them after awhile.

"Gaara, I—"

She was cut off by his finger pressing against her lips. He held a smile that she has never seen before. One full of gaiety and absolute sunshine that it had lifted any pressuring emotions she contained.

"Please, don't speak," he says, his voice barely above a whisper. "Let me just hold you."

[Name] never felt love and didn't understand others when people referred to heart as the "love organ" or the "producer of love". Though she felt it now, and it was the most euphoric sensation she has ever come to experience.

Her heart was no longer just a jar that contained any emotions she felt. It was a beating thing that pumped blood and love through her veins. It has undoubtedly controlled her actions in the past few hours, and caused her to think irrationally. Her heart has caused her to think, say, do and feel things that she never thought she would.

Her heart was now alive.

...

Hinata noticed that her cousin hasn't came out of his room since he arrived home. She was concerned for him, though didn't know if she should approach him or not.

"Maybe I should?" She mumbles to herself nearing his bedroom door. "But what if he lashes out at me?"

The girl backs away from the door, staring at it cautiously.

"But what if he needs me?" She asks herself, coming closer to the door. Taking a deep breath, her shaky hand reaches for the doorknob.

Fortunately for her, the door is swung open by none other than Neji before her fingertips even touch the knob.

"Do you want to come in or not?" He asks her with a straight face. "You've been mumbling to yourself outside of my door for the past twenty minutes."

"Um..." She mumbles. "Y-Yeah. I'll come in."

He allows Hinata into his room and closed the door behind her. She sits on his bed while he takes a seat at his desk where he was previously doing homework.

"What do you need?" He asks as he writes answers down to the biology textbook questions.

"I just want to see if you're okay," she says in that shy voice of hers. "You haven't come out of your room in a while."

"I'm fine."

Hinata was too smart to push the subject aside like it didn't matter. She knew that her cousin was hurting but didn't know what had caused it.

"Neji," she pauses, then asks him directly. "What's wrong?"

She knew that being indirect with Neji wouldn't solve anything, in fact it would frustrate her since he would dodge the questions making her give up in the end. Direct questions would more often than not, make him answer.

Neji sighs and places his pencil down onto his desk. He combs through his hair with both hands before turning towards his cousin.

"My...I don't know the word for it, I guess she would be my love interest? Yeah, my love interest is now dating another guy all because he confessed to her. I'm pretty upset about it but nothing will come out of it if I just wallow in my sorrow."

"So the girl you have a crush on is dating someone?" Hinata asked for clarification.

He nods. "Yes. They just recently got together. To be more specific, they started dating after school."

"Do you mind me asking who it is?" She asked, pressing deeper into the subject.

Neji hesitated, wondering if he should reveal the identity of the girl he loved or not. He understood that Hinata would never tell a soul about his crush on [Name], but he still didn't want to disclose his secret.

"That's none of your business," he states, turning back to his homework. The topic lit a fire in Neji's belly. A hate for the world had sparked inside of him, as well as a distaste for Gaara.

From Neji's perspective, Gaara had stole [Name] away from him. Feelings bubbled up inside of him. How could he have allowed [Name] to slip right through his fingers like that? How could he not have known about Gaara's love for her? Why didn't he confess first?

"I should've told her, that I love her."

...

A/N: I really didn't know how to end this, so pardon the crappiness. And please baby Cthulhu this is not a Yandere story. Nothing crazy is going to happen guys. No deaths, no stabbings, no mind breaks. So chill out.

BTW I do have Yandere draft stories, just don't know when I should publish the first three chapters. I will get into my Yandere writing era sometime later this year.

Thanks for reading! Love you bye!