🔘 Chapter 24: Tears of the Heroine

Start from the beginning

The difference of the students' treatment on their favored contestant is really obvious too. The faction in favor of Anastasius would always protect him and talk to him in their lunch break or when they see him in the Salon; while they would treat Cassandra coldly.

Same goes for the faction in favor of Cassandra. The only difference is that, the girls in the faction who supports the heroine is more hostile, they would often insult Anastasius by being sarcastic and bitter whenever they are near him just to hide their insecurity.

Anastasius can feel their hostility even though it's very subtle, but unlike how they expect him to react, he doesn't let it get to him because in his mind he's already an adult and they're just sassy high school girls who are probably just rebelling or something.

"Anastasius! There you are, we thought you've already left the classroom" Brittany, one of the most active member of Anastasius' fans club said as she catches her breath. Anastasius considers her as a friend now ever since a certain incident happened. It was when he helped Brittany get away from a suspension when she punched a senior who's extorting a sophomore behind the school's gym. He thought Brittany was so cool back then as she was able to protect someone without minding her status as a lady despite the social consequences binding them.

Although it may sound rude of her not to say any honorific to Anastasius, neither of them really mind it. After all they've already talked about how they should start calling each other informally now that they've become friends.

No one points it out either since their friendship is really cute, and well, because most of the students are afraid of Brittany. But it seems that Cassandra wouldn't let it slide that easily.

"Lady Venerencio, don't you think it's rude to call Sir Clarimiéres by his first name? Especially when his status is much higher than yours." Cassandra spoke out while almost stammering, looking up at Brittany with her big glassy doll eyes.

"Lady Adalene, don't you think it's more rude to interfere someone who's not talking to you? Especially when my status is higher than yours." Brittany snapped back while wearing her trademark cold eyes. Anastasius just sighed.

"Brittany."

"What? I'm right though?" She said, wearing a hidden smirk.

"You- Lady Adalene, we apologize if it bothers you but I've already given my permission to her to act casually with me as she have given hers to me. Besides, aren't titles not applicable in this Academy anymore? We're all equal as long as we're studying here right?" Anastasius said as he wore a reassuring smile. He thought he could end it in a diplomatic way since he doesn't really want to interact with the heroine as much as possible, but suddenly, Cassandra broke into tears making everyone look at their direction.

"I'm sorry, please don't hate me Lord Clarimiéres! I really didn't mean it." She continued crying.

With an innocent looking lady crying, everyone started to suspect the two person in front of her.

"Why are you crying? You're the one who offended me first! Anastasius only explained the school's rule for you!" Brittany started panicking because of the picture that's being seen by everyone right now. Cassandra who's breaking down in front of them, Anastasius whom Cassandra was apologizing to and she who's currently wearing an angry expression.

She can almost hear their classmates thoughts by now,

"I didn't know Anastasius was like this"

"Brittany probably made her cry, she's always so hostile."

"Cassandra clearly didn't do it on purpose, why should they reprimand her like that? She's just new here!"

While Brittany is panicking, Anastasius remained calm; but little did anyone know, he's actually thinking very hard as of the moment.

"Why is everyone looking at me like that, why did she suddenly cry? I even smiled at her to calm her down. Was I too harsh with my words? No, I clearly made sure to still sound polite while saying it..."

Cassandra is starting to get more attention and they can almost feel their reputations tear apart as their audience startes to grow.

"I was only concerned by how rude Lady Venerencio was to you Lord Clarimiéres, why should you humiliate me like this." Cassandra continued,

"Poor little lady, just because she doesn't have a title..."

"They should be ashamed of themselves..."

Anastasius can feel the murmurs of the people judging them slowly drown him on the spot, the feeling was awfully familiar, he'd already felt this, at that time in his past life where one of the orphans accused him of bullying his roommate. The feeling of being stuck in a dark place while being choked by the voices of people who relentlessly accuses you.

Their dark malicious eyes which serves as your walls and chains that stops you from defending yourself. Fearing that uttering more in defense would only make them doubt you more.

"Ah..this feeling...I hate it..."

As Anastasius started to feel numb and dizzy from the feeling, a voice immediately stopped the murmurs.

"What's going on here?!"

***
Author's Note:

Okay now yall met the...heroine.

Thee only question left is...WHY did she become a bitch? Is it because of what some of you expected? Her being a transmigrator like Anastasius too? Is she just obsessed with the Prince Or...because of other reasons?

drop your theories, let's see who would win 👀👀👀

And for those who hoped to see a kind heroine as opposed to the cliché bitchy heroines in Isekai stories, I'm sorry but you've decided to read a novel of an author who loves clichés 😔 it is what it is.

(I'll make up for it in the other stories in my drafts)