⚪Chapter 29: Knight Mentor

"Please help me ... open your mind and accept my prescence, young man ... you're the only one that can protect my beloved ... the only one that can save this world ... you're my only hope..."

Anastasius woke up from an odd dream once again, but this time he didn't forget it. He specifically remembered a woman's voice, desperately asking for his help, saying that he's her only hope to ... save this world.

Anastasius frowned when he remembered that part. 'What world?' He asks himself. 'She couldn't mean this world, right? I mean, this is only a book that's already pre-written. If anything, she should be asking for the author.' Beside that, he's also wondering why would this world even needs some saving. To be saved from what? He didn't remember anything apocalyptic happening right after the two main characters ended up together, though? Though it's true that it also didn't tell what happened after they got together.

It just ended with an overused phrase being the, "And they lived happily ever after."

Back to the real question, was that dream really referring to this world? After thinking about it, he realizied that he couldn't find anything else that would suit the dream's logic more than this world that he was reincarnated in. Maybe that was even the reason why he got reincarnated in the first place.

After trying to recall the dream again, he also remembered something about the woman's beloved, and how he's the only one that could protect them. But in order to know who that beloved is, of course he should first find out who that woman is. And maybe, by accepting her presence he would be enlightened about her real identity. The only problem though is that, he doesn't have a clue on how he would "accept" her "prescence".

One might be wondering why he's taking a dream so seriously, when it could've been just something that his mind made up. But after his past dreams taught him all about Anastasius' past life, he had decided to take his dreams more seriously, especially because he doesn't get it anyway unless it got something to do with his reincarnation. So now he's trying hard to decipher it.

"Should I sleep more? Haa ... but we have classes today..."

In the end he decided to attend his classes. However, it's still evident that all of his attention is not entirely focused on any of their lessons, which made Brittany concerned.

"What happened? Why are you so preoccupied?" She asked.

Anastasius hesitated a little before answering, 'Should I tell her the truth? Maybe she can help me with finding out who that woman is...' After hestitating for a bit he decided to just lie about it by saying he didn't get enough sleep. He thought that he's still not sure if it's gonna be safe or not, so dragging Brittany into this might put her in danger in return.

'First I need to accept her prescence, so I can ask her about the real reason why I got reincarnated here ... and why me? I also need to know what she meant by saving this world ... There's just too much that I don't know. I never once questioned anything about this because I thought it's just some sort of a wicked coincidence, but now that I found out that I actually have a mission, I can't just sit idle and do nothing.'

While Anastasius was drowning in his thoughts, he didn't notice a foreign person entering the classroom, he didn't even hear the teacher introducing the young man.

"This is Lord Lancelot, he's a Knight Captain in their country and is known as one of the most effective knight in our continent. He gave us the opportunity to teach you all a little something about self-defense," while being introduced, the man flashed his bright smile which made the girls in the class blush and gasp.

"it would be added as a lesson in your Physical Education class. He's almost as young as you all but please, treat him with respect as how you would with your professors." Continued their homeroom teacher.

As the teacher added some information about Anastasius' class change in schedule. Lancelot, the said knight captain, roamed his eyes in the room to look for someone.

And there he saw him, Anastasius. The boy he deems as his life savior.

Anastasius was spacing out, his eyes were clear although a little droopy, as if he's thinking hard about something, fighting against his sleepiness. His hair is shorter now, he probably cut it to fit in the new environment but it still suited him.

The new haircut gave him a more boyish charm that strangely (in a good way) turns into an alluring picture in accordance to his now dazed expression. His turned head exposed his neck more as well as his long eyelashes and it really captures one's attention. As a matter of fact Lancelot is not the only one appreciating Anastasius' beauty right now.

There's no more of that little Anastasius Lancelot met when he was younger. And his knees almost gave up from how he turned out now. 'No, I must not think like this about Master Anastasius or I will become a failure as a knight.' He thinks.

It's been awhile since he last saw Anastasius because he was too busy improving his skills as a knight, in order to be an exceptional one when he finally offers his life to him. It was hard but he was determined so he was still able to endure to this day.

So now, he's not going to hold back anymore.

--
Author's Note:
I'm back!!! I missed you guys :(
I'm sorry I was gone for so long :( Don't worry I promise I'll work harder now! My inspiration came back you see ^ω^

I changed a lot and added some things in the prior chapters so don't hesitate to reread if you already forgot some of the information. You'll meet new ones on your way to the latest chapter ^^

As always, please take care!