Episode 21- Hospital

L.Joe slowly opened his eyes and scanned around him. He then looked at himself and noticed that Mayumi was sleeping soundly while sitting. He carefully sat up and covered her with his blanket. He curved a smile while gently putting some strands of her hair away from her face.

*She must be taking care of me all day...* L,Joe thought while looking around if there is any sofa.

He quietly carried her to his bed and then he went to the sofa, to sleep. After a few hours, Mayumi woke up and found herself on a bed. She quickly sat up and saw L.Joe sleeping on the sofa.

*When did he...? And how did I sleep here??* Mayumi asked herself and just then saw L.Joe slowly waking up.

He stretched his arms and saw Mayumi had woken up earlier than him. He sat up and greeted,"Good evening."

"...Did you carry me to your bed..?" Mayumi asked him.

"..Uh..yeah. Well, it's not nice for you to sleep in sitting position," L.Joe said.

"You don't have to..you know...," Mayumi muttered and get out from the bed.

"Where are you going?" L.Joe asked when he saw her leaving the bed.

"I'm need to go the washroom," Mayumi stated.

"Oh..okay," L.Joe felt relieved that Mayumi won't be going home soon.

=======

After a few minutes, she came out from the washroom. L.Joe was sitting on a sofa, treating to his wounds. Mayumi approached him and sat beside him while asking,"Are your wounds okay?"

"Feeling quite better i guess," L.Joe told her.

"I'm really sorry for what happened," Mayumi apologised.

"Don't worry. You didn't expect all this to happen," L.Joe gave a kind smile.

For the first time, she felt that L.Joe's smile was somehow sincere and slowly her heart started to beat slightly fast. L.Joe noticed that she was staring at him and teased,"Finally, I get you to fall for me."

Upon hearing that, she quickly quit dazing and flustered,"N-No I didn't!"

"Yes you are," L.Joe teased while laughing.

"No!" She looked away while her back facing him.

Mayumi was trying to cool her hot face while fanning herself. L.Joe kept laughing at her cute flustered face. A few minutes later, someone came in. Both Mayumi and L.Joe looked up and saw Chunji and Changjo by the door.

"L.Joe ah! You finally up!" Chunji exclaimed and hugged him.

"Yah, I'm still recovering here," L.Joe told him.

"Ah mian," Chunji chuckled.

"Mayumi shii, have you been staying here since afternoon?" Changjo asked her.

"Uh, yeah. Since I have nothing to do just now, I thought of visiting him till he woke up...," Mayumi continued talking to Changjo.

L.Joe listened to their conversation which made Chunji noticed and said,"She really cares about you, don't she?"

L.Joe did not answer and Chunji continued,"I gotta tell you she's been visiting you ever since you admitted to the hospital. I think she really feel bad that you got hurt because of her...."

*...She...'s really concern about me huh...* L.Joe curved a warm smile after knowing her concern and kept staring at her.

Chunji grinned and whispered in a teasing voice,"Someone had fallen in love~♡"

L.Joe just ignored him.

========

Mayumi stayed till it was almost 9pm. She excused herself to get back home. Changjo offered to send her home since it would be dangerous for a lady to walk home alone. While walking home, Mayumi's phone kept vibrating and she kept smiling to herself which made Changjo jealous.

"Who's texting you?" Changjo asked.

"L.Joe," She said while focusing on her text message.

"You seem to be quite friendly with him nowdays," Changjo said with envy.

"The more I spend time with him, the more I get to know his friendly side," Mayumi told him.

"Maybe if we spend time together, you can also get to know me better?" Changjo said.

She looked up to him and saw him smiling towards her while standing in front of her. Changjo then slowly leaned closer towards her till their faces are only a few inches away. He then chuckled as soon as he saw her panic face. He then straightened himself up and turned around.

"Let's continue walking home. I think your grandma will be worried if you're home late," Changjo walked forward.

Mayumi caught up to him and walked side by side with him.