Episode 20 - L.Joe's Hurt!

Before the man could lay a finger on her, the door burst open. Mayumi felt relieved to see L.Joe there. The man quickly got hold of her neck and point the penknife towards her neck. L.Joe looked alarmed and said cautiously,"Put the penknife down."

"Who are you?!" The man shouted at him.

"I'm her friend," L.Joe said.

"Friend?! I didn't know my daughter has a boyfriend! Didn't you say you don't have one?!" The man shouted at her ears.

"Daughter...?" L.Joe looked confused.

"I'm not your daughter..You mistook her for me, believe me," Mayumi tried to hold her tears.

"Ahjusshi! Let go of her!! You better surrender cos the police will be here soon!!" L.Joe threatened.

"No one will get me..I said NO ONE! COS ME AND MY DAUGHTER WILL DIE TOGETHER HERE!" The man laughed crazily and was about to stab her when L.Joe swiftly grabbed hold of his wrist and twisted his hand.

L.Joe threw the penknife away and punched the man's face. The man fell to the ground and got blood at the edge of his lips. L.Joe quickly attend to Mayumi and asked,"Gwenchana?"

Before she could answer, she saw the man running towards L.Joe who was behind him with the penknife.

"Byunghyun! Look out!!" She warned but it was too late.

L.Joe was stabbed and the man then laughed hysterically. L.Joe tried to withstand the pain but passed out and landed on her arms. She looked utterly shocked and tried to wake him up. While she was busy with him, the man decided to target Mayumi. Suddenly, a shout echoed through the room.

"STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND PUT YOUR HANDS UP!!" The police shouted while pointing guns at the man.

The man was surprised to see them and tried to run away but finally caught by 2 policemen.

"Let goooo!!! I'm not done with my daughter!!!" The man struggled fiercely.

"Take him away," The chief officer ordered.

"Yes sir!" The 2 policemen roughly hold him to the car.

At the samw time, Mayumi had called an ambulance. The chief officer approached her and asked,"Have you called the ambulance?"

She nodded. Then the chief officer said,"Later, I need your statement about this incident. Get your treated too"

She nodded again but couldn't help crying over L.Joe's current state.

==================

In the hospital, she had called Changjo through L.Joe's phone while waiting outside emergency room. After a few minutes, the Teen Top members came running to the emergency room. Changjo and Keita came running towards Mayumi and asked," What happened?"

"He..was stabbed from behind when trying to save...me...," She cried and Changjo embraced her without hesitation.

"Is he gonna be okay?" Keita asked.

"Hopefully so...," Changjo looked at the emergency room, feeling worried.

For several hours, the Teen Top members were pacing back and forth, hoping that L.Joe would be okay. Around, 9pm, the doctor came out from the emergency room and they rushed towards him. The doctor looked at all of them especially Mayumi. The doctor then said," He's currently fine and the surgery was a success. For now, he needs extra care and will need to rest for 2 weeks for him to be fully recovered."

All of them sighed with relieved. They thanked the doctor and decided to visit L,Joe at his ward. Everyday, the Teen Top members would take turns watching over him. Mayumi too without fail visits him and would stay late. L.Joe had been sleeping for several days and not woken up once ever since the surgery.

Mayumi was too tired from her extra class that she fell asleep on the side of his side. Just then, one of his fingers slightly moved without her realising.