Epilogue

As Natasha said, Y/N was back home in New York City in a matter of two days. She was so glad to be back in her familiar environment. Wen she walked into the Avengers Tower alongside Natasha, so many questions rose from the team, but they were happy to have her back.

Even Bruce, who she was pretty sure hated her, was happy.

It had been the night of her return, the Avengers had a small "Welcome Back Party Glad You're Not Dead" with just the team members. They were so happy that the old Y/N was back, insulting them and joking around. Y/N was back to her normal self, with Natasha glued to her side.

Everyone was headed to bed and she decided to crash as well. Natasha walked her to her new room, bigger than the one she had stayed in last time she was there. All of her stuff was there, her weapons organized, her clothes folded and put away. There was also a gift the team, pictures of the group together on the dresser, smiling and having a good time.

At the very center was a picture of Y/N and Natasha at the airport on their way back from Paris, smiling together and being generally happy.

Y/N turned around to see Natasha, a happy smile on her face. She ran to Natasha, hugging her tightly and never wanting to let go.

Natasha chuckled as she hugged her back. "Natasha..." Y/N asked, pulling away but still holding Natasha's hands in hers.

"Yes?" She asked.

Y/N smiled, "I love you. So much. You're worth more than the world to me."

Natasha smiled as a tear slipped down her soft cheek, "I love you, too. You are the world to me. I will always love you."

They both smiled at each other, staring into their eyes, the eyes they'd been missing for so long. Y/N took a chance.

She grabbed Natasha's face, pulling her in and kissing her passionately. Natasha instantly responded, her hands finding Y/N's cheeks as she kissed her.

When they pulled away for air, they were left with heavy breaths and rapid beating hearts. "I love you so much." Natasha said as she pulled her in again, capturing her lips with her own eagerly.

Y/N was no longer the shadow behind the widow.

She was now the light of her life. The love of the widow's heart.