Chapter 4

Y/N turned and got ready. Widow had changed up her method, switching between many different kinds of arts and tactics.

Y/N didn't know what to expect, so she didn't. She only threw kicks and punches, blocking when needed. This time around, she took a few scratches and blows.

Widow, once again, had her pinned to the ground. Y/N was going to use a grenade but realized she'd run out so she grabbed a knife instead.

Widow saw and hit the knife away from her. She then made sure her hands couldn't reach her bags.

Y/N took an opportunity to slip away, but Widow had caught her, keeping her down. Y/N struggled in her hold, trying to do anything she could to get loose, but Widow had too strong of a hold on her.

"Well..." Widow commented, "I caught a Shadow." The others finally caught up to you both. "Good job, Romanoff. We got her." Captain said.

They got Y/N up and Romanoff handcuffed her. "Really? I can get out of these y'know." Y/N complained. Widow held her hands together preventing Y/N from doing any of her little trick. "We should hold hands more often. Yours are so soft."

"Shut up." She told her. Y/N snickered and walked with Romanoff.

They loaded her onto their jet and Romanoff sat next to her. "Well, I won't be able to escape...So, what's your name, Widow?"

Romanoff pulled down her mask, just like before, and said, "Natasha Romanoff."

Shadow smiled, just like before, and said, "You have good skills. I'm Y/N L/N."

Natasha then took her mask completely off and reached in her bag, getting the original one. Natasha put it on her, letting it hang around her neck.

"Thank God, I hated the skull one." Y/N said. She then heard a voice. She turned toward the origin of the sound. There was a screen, showing the face of a man with an eye patch and a bald head.

"Sir, we caught Shadow. She is currently in the jet." Captain said.

The person spoke, "Good job. It only took you forever to catch her."

"I mean it was hard to get her. You wanna try it out, Fury?" Stark said, shrugging.

Fury raised his eyebrow, "What do you want, a parade or something?"

"More like a whole holiday. 'You saved the day...again...yay.'" Stark joked.

Hawkeye then spoke before Stark got himself into a bigger whole, "You want her in a cell, Director?" The voice said, "I don't think her talents should go to waste. We'll have to make sure we can trust her, but I want to make her an Avenger."

You groaned, "Oh boo. A good guy? Listen, pirate dude-"

"Director Fury." He interrupted.

"Listen, Furry, I don't want to be an Avenger."

"Too bad. You'll be an Avenger, whether you like it or not. And if I decide otherwise, well we have a nice cell waiting for you."

Y/N groaned again. The others continued talking and she complained. "Well, can I at least go get my shit?"

They thought about it for a second before agreeing, "Okay. Let's go."

Y/N told them where she lived and they took her there to get her belongings. Y/N got out and they sent her with Natasha, seeing as she was the only one who could actually fight Shadow.

Y/N stepped in front of her door and Natasha stopped her, putting a hand in front of Y/N. "What?" She asked, moving her arm.

Natasha assumed, "There's a bomb."

You rolled your eyes, "There's no bomb."

"You didn't plant one?"

"Why would I?"

"You could've anticipated this."

"Why would I blow up my house?"

"You'd have back-ups, wouldn't you?"

"Of course, I do! But this one is my favorite. Why would I blow up my favorite house - and me along with it?"

"Because you're a psychopath."

"Not a psychopath. I'm a highly functioning...You know what? I'm just too smart."

She stared at her. Y/N turned the knob and opened the door, stepping inside as she walked backwards, arms spread out to show that she was fine, "No bomb."

Y/N got two duffel bags and filled one with her weapons and other tools she'd need. She filled the second one with some clothes she liked and things for her suit...and a back up suit.

"Right, let's go." Y/N said.

They both went back to the jet and headed to Avengers Tower.

They all arrived fairly quick, getting Y/N out of the jet and into the Tower. They reached the right floor and were met with pirate man.

"Hello, Furry." Y/N greeted.

He responded, "Agent Shadow, nice to see you joining the team...in time."

"I am not one of your dumb agents. Leave me alone." She complained again.

He turned to Natasha, "Agent Romanoff, I trust you will keep an eye on her, make sure she doesn't do anything to jeopardize my already failing attitude towards her."

Y/N thought about how Natasha was one of his agents and wondered whether or not what she should feel bad or not. She chose not to, but something inside of her wanted to.

"Of course, sir." Natasha responded, nodding to Director Fury. "I trust I will be hearing good things about our new future Avenger." He began to leave before he stopped next to you and spoke in a slight threatening tone, "And it's Fury."

"Alright," Y/N winked, "Gotcha, Furry." He shook his head and left, "Why do I even try?" She chuckled and Natasha led her to the room she'd be staying in. Y/N set her bags down and jumped on the bed.

"Make yourself comfortable. The door will be locked. There's no way to escape, so don't try." Natasha told her.

Y/N looked around the room, trying to find anything she could to get out. She sighed.

Bulletproof glass window, sealed shut. No object in the room to break the lock on the door. No escape.

"If you need anything, say 'Jarvis'." Natasha added before leaving.

"Okay, bye." Y/N said, dragging out the word.

Y/N laid in her bed and complained to herself about being here. Y/N was already bored and hungry. She sighed and looked at the ceiling, mumbling under her breath, "Jarvis."

Nothing happened. She said it a little louder, "Jarvis."

An accented voice spoke, "Yes, Ms. Shadow?"

"Nice." Y/N smiled. "I'm hungry and deathly bored."

The voice responded, "I will inform Ms. Romanoff right away."

"Thank you. And my name's Y/N. Y/N L/N." She said.

The voice said, "No need to thank me, Ms. L/N. I am Jarvis. "

Y/N spoke, "I insist, and please call me Y/N, Jarvis."

Jarvis replied, "I'll stick with Ms. L/N. I insist."

Y/N smiled to herself. He's nice...for an AI.