𝙀𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩

Start from the beginning

"Monty, this is Jessica," I told him, "She's new so I was just showing her around," I placed a hand on Monty's cheek, "Jessica, this is my boyfriend, Monty."

"I don't mean to intrude," He said, "I was wondering if you were feeling bad today and wanted to skip." 

"Uh, Hannah's coming over here," I told Jessica, "Why don't you catch up with her... I have to talk some sense into this boy," I laughed before Jessica broke away and went to talk to Hannah. I nudged Monty's shoulder once we were alone, "Already skipping on the second day? Don't you have practice?" 

"That's whatever," Monty brushed it off, "Let's go get some food, mess around a little... I know you want to!" 

"Fine," I gave in, "You win this time."

❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━ ❜

Later on that night, Monty went to Bryce's and I assumed he ended up falling asleep after drinking. He was no longer replying to my texts, so I decided to text Justin and asked him to hang out. 

Shortly after we exchanged our texts, Justin showed up. I pinched myself a few times to make sure he was actually there, that it wasn't some weird dream again. We hung out in my kitchen, it was silent; he stood there, staring at me. 

"So, you and Hannah?" I finally asked after the awkward silence. 

"Oh, yeah," He nodded, "She's pretty cool, we started texting tonight," He mentioned. 

I smiled, staring at his features. He was handsome, I would give him that. I didn't even realize I was staring at him so long until I snapped out of it.

"What am I doing," I think I meant to say that in my head, not out loud. 

"What?"

"Fuck," I grumbled, "Last night I had this weird dream, you showed up here and said some shit about Monty, we made out and all that- I woke up before too much happened. Yeah, there's that."

"That's a lot," Justin seemed surprised.

"I know, it's been burned into my brain all day, I had to tell someone- I don't know how to process it."

"What is there to process?" He asked, then he laughed, "You obviously want to bone me. Monty doesn't have to know."

"He would fucking kill you."

"That's why you asked me to come over, isn't it?"

I stood there, silent. He wasn't right. Was he?

"That is-"

"I'm right, you know it." 

"Shut up. You want to be with Hannah anyway."

"And I will get with her, in time. Just admit you want to bang my brains out and move on."

I didn't have anything to say, I rolled my eyes. Justin stepped closer to me, he was teasing me. He let out a breath, I sighed nervously. I wanted a way out, then I got it when my phone rang. I got away from Justin to answer it. 

"Monty? What's up?" I said as Justin watched.

"I want to come over, I can't sleep... Is now alright?" Monty's voice was weirdly soothing to hear. 

"Uh..." I looked over towards Justin; he raised his brow in a questioning manner. "You're always welcome." I told him before he said he would be there soon and we hung up. 

"You still haven't admitted it," Justin said to me, "I'll get it out of you eventually," He teased before he started to walk towards the front door, just as Monty walked in. Leave it to him to already be sitting in my driveway. 

"Foley?" He sounded upset the second he saw him, "What the fuck are you doing here?" His fist clenched, he was clearly suspicious.

"I left all my shit at school," Justin was quick to come up with a lie,  "Dawn picked it up for me so I came over to get it," He pointed out his gym bag that was sitting by the front door. I hadn't even noticed that he brought it over, I assumed he was going over to Bryce's to sleep, "I was heading to Bryce's anyway, so I just stopped by to grab it."

Monty seemed to back off a little, watching as Justin walked out the front door, "That's it?" Monty asked.

"Yeah, that's all, Monty," I reassured him, "We talked for a little bit, he was just on his way out when you got here," I made excuses; avoiding explaining the real reason he was here. 

"Good," Monty smiled towards me, "If anyone tries anything on you, I'll kick their ass," He touched my arm gently, "You're mine, after all." 

"Right," I could smell the whiskey on him as he leaned closer, he had been drinking earlier, just as I suspected. 

"Let's go to bed."