𝙁𝙤𝙪𝙧

I was sitting in my basement, watching TV; which I failed at paying attention to what was on. I was instead immersed in my phone, scrolling through social media. I had no idea what lame reality show was playing in the background at this point. 

Then I got a text from Monty... Well, three tests in the span of two minutes. If we were to get real technical with it. 

Monty
You coming over to Bryce's later?
7:00PM

Monty
We're here right now
7:01PM

Monty
Come over!
7:02PM

Me
Just relaxing right now, maybe later
7:05PM

Monty
On my way to get you:)
7:07PM

I groaned, standing up from the comfort of the couch I had made a nest out of with blankets. I knew he would be here within minutes, so there was no use making him wait around. I slid on my shoes and went up the stairs, seeing a figure already approaching my door. 

I opened the door, "Montgomery De La Cruz," I said, "You know you can knock instead of texting me and waiting out here like a creep."

He smirked at me, "Yeah," He said before he tilted his head slightly, "I haven't even been over to Bryce's, I didn't want them to know I was coming to get you."

"Listen, Monty," I said quietly as I stepped off to the side to let him in the house, "I'm not sure why you're here-"

He ended up cutting me off, "I'm just here to see my friend. No funny business!" 

I couldn't help but laugh at him, "It's always funny business with you," I nudged his shoulder playfully, "I can't help but like that about you, though."

Monty chuckled, watching as I leaned against the wall behind me. He placed his hand on the wall near my head, "Alright, fine... I really want to know, I'm your pick, right?"

"My pick?" 

"Come on, it's obvious... This is me asking you out, I mean you like me more than Bryce anyway- look at me," He motioned over his body with his free hand. 

"What? You want to date me just because Bryce is after me too?"

"No," He rolled his eyes, "I'm obviously obsessed with you, don't tell me you haven't noticed that."

"You expect me to just say yes?"

He shook his head, "No- but, it would be nice if you did."

I saw no harm in it, if I was being honest. The two of us were pretty close already, "Sure," I shrugged, "Why not."

He seemed shocked, "Are you serious?"

"Obviously. Can we go? I need a drink."

❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━ ❜

We headed over to Bryce's house; where everyone was gathered in the pool house again. Once we walked in, Bryce threw his hand up to greet us, "Yo, Monty!" He said, "I had no idea you were tagging along, Dawn."

"Hey, guys," I greeted everyone with a smile as I followed Monty to the couch. I sat down next to him, he placed his arm around my shoulders. Bryce and Justin stared at the two of us, confused by the sudden public affection between the two of us.

Monty raised an eyebrow, looking towards the two of them, "What?" He questioned them."

"Are you two..." Bryce asked. 

"Uh, as of 15 minutes ago, yes," I answered, laughing quietly. 

"Huh," Justin said under his breath, I looked  over at him. Once we made eye contact he quickly picked up his drink and shrugged at me.

"Way to go, Monty," Bryce raised a drink and walked over to us, handing it to me.

We sat around and drank together, as usual. Monty and Zach played video games, I chatted with Bryce and Justin about how I dreaded the fact school was starting back up. Monty ended up coming home with me later that night to stay the night. We were inseparable after he actually asked me out, we were basically conjoined at the hip.

❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━ ❜

"This party's at the new girl's place?" Bryce questioned me as we walked up the road. We had to park pretty far from the house, there was a good amount of people already there. 

"Firs off, her name is Hannah," I told him, "And yes, she is the new girl."

"You know her?" 

"She's friends with Kat... So, I DM'd her, I wouldn't say we're close or anything. She seems cool, though. Only problem is Kat doesn't like me, remember? She thinks I'm going to snag Justin from her."

Once we got to the house, I looked around for Hannah to greet her, finally meet her in person. "Come on!" I nudged Monty who was to my left, we went over towards where she was, "Hi, Hannah, it's so nice to actually meet you in the flesh." 

"Hi, Dawn," She smiled as she greeted me, "Who's this?" She nodded towards Monty.

"This is Montgomery," I smirked, he hated when people called him anything other than Monty. "Everyone calls him Monty though, much easier."

"I am the one and only's boyfriend," He shook her hand, smiling. 

"Help yourself to drinks and snacks," She pointed towards a table, I nodded in response before I followed Monty towards the living room. We started to down drinks and talk to everyone around us. 

I would be lying if I said it wasn't weird to be together with someone. Especially Monty. I ended up breaking away from him for a little bit to go talk with Hannah again, I noticed her following Clay Jensen and Kat out onto the porch.

"Hannah," I called out after her. I noticed that Zach and Justin had just showed up, they were busy wrestling in the sprinklers.

Kat was busy introducing Hannah to the boys, "Justin Foley is mine and Zach Dempsey for you," She said to Hannah.

Clay laughed, "Really? Zach?"

"He's sweet," Kat did her best to put in a good word for Zach.

"He can be sweet," I mentioned, "If you're into dumb jocks," Kat turned around to look at me, a sour look on her face.

"Oh, and here's  Dawn," She gave me a smug look as she said this, "You'll never not see her without a boy following her around." 

"She is dating Monty, after all," Hannah mentioned. 

"You finally decided to date one and you landed on Monty?" Kat stuck out her tongue, pretending to gag.

"He's nice!" I argued, "He's a sweetheart if you actually care to know him," I huffed. 

I went back to the living room to sit with Monty again, once I sat down next to him he leaned over, "Hey," He whispered, "Let's go upstairs..."

"You want to hook up in the new girl's house?" I laughed, shaking my head in a scolding manner.

"Oh, come on!" He complained, "We haven't done it like two days."

"Two days is a long time, isn't it?" 

He stood up, holding me in his arms, "Obviously," He joked, "Come on," He lowered his voice as he guided me towards the stairs. I saw Hannah make eye contact with me as we went up the stairs. I didn't think anything of it, we had to be the third couple to end up going up there.