Chapter Eight: A Baby is Born

Jake had come home from working, Dirk had been staying home since he was sick and really not himself. Jake brought a pregnancy test for Dirk which of course Dirk was refusing to take it "It's not possible Jake. I can't be pregnant!" he shouted a bit as Jake frowned "Please Dirk we gotta be sure, you have been moody these last 3 weeks" he sighed as Dirk groaned, getting up and taking the test in the bathroom. Shortly after, Dirk screamed and Jake ran to the door, knocking softly "Dirk open the door please" he spoke frantically. Dirk walked out, tearing up a bit "I-I'm pregnant!" he cried as Jake grinned, pulling him into a tight hug, smiling happy "We are gonna be parents!" he said like a happy child. Dirk cried into his shoulder softly as Jake laughed softly, rubbing his back softly. Dirk sniffed softly as Jake chuckled "Babe this is amazing. We are gonna have a baby!" He said in a cheerful tone. Dirk frowned "B-But what if I become a pain..." he said in a worried tone as Jake kissed him "No baby you will never be a pain. The struggles will all be worth it. When we have our little miracle. We will raise our baby together" he said happily a Dirk teared up again out of pure joy "I love you so much Jake" he hugged him tightly as Jake laughed "I love you more Dirk" he replied softly, rubbing his back more. Dirk slowly calmed down and laid in bed with Jake, cuddling him happily. Jake kissed his face repeatedly with soft and playful pecks on his face which made Dirk giggle cutely, kissing Jake gently which made him blush. Dirk smiled, slowly pulling away from the kiss before rolling over into the spoon position. Jake pulled him closer and kissed the back of Dirk's neck gently before the two settled down for a nice long nap. 9 months went by quickly and Dirk was in a hospital bed, obviously in severe pain from labor. Jake held Dirk's hand tightly as Dirk's took calm breaths to get through his contractions. After what felt like hours to Dirk and Jake, they were relaxing and watching their newborn baby boy. They still were trying to decide a name for their new son until Jake finally came up with a name "What about James?" he asked as Dirk smiled softly "I love that name..." he spoke softly out of exhaustion. Jake smiled, picking up James slowly "Our little James..." he said, kissing James on the forehead softly. James smiled softly in his sleep as Jake laid the baby back down slowly. Dirk had fallen asleep along with Jake sleeping in the chair softly and peacefully. The next day, Dirk was sent home with James and Jake. Jake was driving extra carefully so both Dirk and James were safe during the ride home. Once home, Jake helped Dirk out of the car with James in Dirk's arms carefully holding the baby in his arms.  Jake smiled and went inside with Dirk and James before closing the door behind them and calling the club, telling the boss they were taking a leave to care for James. James was now sleeping in his crib softly as Dirk and Jake were cuddling on the couch while watching My Little Pony again for the hundredth time in a row. Dirk was slowly falling asleep again which Jake let him softly, petting his head gently and chuckling softly. Jake and Dirk both slept softly, cuddling on the couch gently. Dirk nuzzled into Jake softly and happily while he slept cutely. James soon woke up, starting to cry and throw a fit since he was clearly hungry. Jake got up, preparing a bottle as Dirk rocked James softly to try and quiet him down. James kept crying until Jake brought over the baby bottle, handing it to Dirk and Dirk started feeding James carefully with a soft smile on his face. Jake smiled and watched the two before sitting down beside Dirk and kissing his cheek "Our little blessing" he said softly as Dirk giggled softly before putting James back into his crib once he finished feeding him. Jake and Dirk soon went back to cuddling on the couch gently.