Chapter Five: Shattered Bonds Reconnected

Dirk had lost it since he had broken up with Jake, he was a full emotional mess. He missed Jake like crazy and he just wanted him back. He also hadn't called Dave in weeks ever since the issue with Jake until, Dave had called which of course Dirk answered "Hello..?" he spoke in a weak tone as Dave said calmly "Hey Dirk we gotta talk about what happened" he spoke as Dirk frowned "Why there is no point. It's too late to change anything" he sighed softly. Dave sighed as well and sat back on the couch "Jake was just asking for my help on a anniversary. He was planning everything and needed my help. That's why he was sneaking out to hang with me. He had a perfect idea for you and him dating for almost a year" Dave explained as Dirk stared in shock and put his face in his free hand. He clearly felt stupid for what happened, he really did screw it up with Jake. Dirk groaned softly "Dammit I am such a prick" he said as Dave chuckled a bit "You can fix this Jake trust me, just call him" he said as Dirk shouted "What?! Are you crazy!" he said out of panic. Dave laughed softly "Come on Dirk what happened to the headstrong Dirk Strider I know" he laughed teasingly. Dirk growled "Shut up asshole" he rolled his eyes and sipped his beer. Dave chuckled "Just try to call him Dirk" he said before hanging up. Dirk sighed out of annoyance and called Jake silently as Jake ignored the phone, declining it right away. Dirk frowned and growled "Son of a bitch!" he shouted angrily. Jake sighed "What was he wanting..." he questioned as Jade piped up "Maybe he was wanting to apologize" she said as Jake thought "Maybe....I better call him back" he said as Jade left the room but stayed outside the door to eavesdrop on the call. Jake called Dirk where Dirk answered with a soft smile "Hey Jake..." he said softly as Jake smiled but wiped it quickly "Why did you call me...." he said as Dirk sighed "I'm sorry for the way I acted it was wrong of me. I should have just left you alone instead of causing a scene in the shop...Can you forgive me?" Dirk asked sadly. Jake smiled again softly "Of course Dirk...I love you my protective prince...." he giggled softly. Dirk smiled like a small child "Can I move back as well...I miss you" he said as Jake started giggling "Of course!" he said happily.  After about 15 minutes, Dirk arrived with all of his stuff as Jake race out, jumping into Dirk's arms and starting to cry "I missed you so much!" he said between sobs as Dirk tried to fight back crying which he failed. Jade watched softly, giggling quietly at the sight of the two males who were both sobbing in each others arms. Jake squeaked when Dirk picked him up, carrying his stuff and Jake inside. Once everything was unpacked, Dirk and Jake were kissing on the couch while Jade was out shopping. Dirk kept Jake close as they kissed which turned into a slow make out session. Jake soon broke the kiss, panting quietly and smiled "Can we go lay down and rest" he spoke softly as Dirk smiled, nodding slowly and picking Jake up. He carried Jake into their room, laying down with Jake close to him. The two men slowly dozed off as Jake nuzzled into Dirk's chest softly. Dirk smiled gently in his sleep, Jake started dreaming about Dirk and giggled in his sleep gently.