Chapter Four: Love To Hate

Jake and Dirk have been living together for a few months and things were going fine then Dirk saw that Jake was gone. Dirk took out his phone and sent Jake a text 'Yo babe where are you?' he waited for a reply which was sent 2 hours later 'I'm on my way home Dirk don't worry. I was shopping we needed some stuff' Jake typed and soon came home. Dirk was upset that Jake left without saying anything to him. Jake sighed and listened to Dirk whine "I was worried about you Jake why didn't you wake me so I knew where you were going" he frowned as Jake sighed "I'm home now Dirk besides I didn't wanna wake you" he pouted a bit as Dirk pulled him into a soft hug. Jake hugged back gently and smiled "I'm safe Dirk I promise" he spoke softly. Dirk sighed and nodded slowly. A few days went by and Dirk had gone out for a walk and saw Jake with Dave. He glared and followed them secretly where the two males stopped at a ring shop. Jake hummed softly and smiled, looking at rings which was interrupted when Dirk barged in angrily "So this is what you have been doing!" Dirk shouted angrily as Jake squeaked "Dirk what are you doing here?!" he questioned as Dirk glared "You go out and I find you sneaking with my little brother!" he shouted as Jake's eyes widened "What?! No!" Jake said in a bit of shock. Dave tried to step in but Dirk shouted at Dave, telling him to shut up. Jake frowned and crossed his arms "I can't believe you are acting this way. I don't have a thing for Dave." He said in a sad but serious tone. Dirk glared at him "Lies. You know what Jake we are done. I can't trust you after all the lies and excuses you made these last several weeks. I am packing my stuff and going to find my own place" Dirk said with no hesitation and stormed out of the shop. Jake felt his heart begin to shatter as Dave hugged him gently "I'm so sorry Jake" he said as Jake began sobbing into Dave's shoulder. Dave took Jake home including the ring they had just purchased. When Jake got back, Dirk was still busy packing his things. Jake watched him silently before speaking up "Dirk...please don't do this. It was all a big misunderstanding" he said as Dirk cut him off before he could say anything else "I don't wanna hear it Jake. You lied to me" he said as Jake tried to fight back tears and turned away "Fine....but just think about this....Dave was helping me with a surprise for us being together almost a year" he said before going to his room. Dirk stood in silence before grabbing his suitcase and walking out, closing the door behind him. Jake heard the door and started crying into the pillow sadly. He missed Dirk deeply and he was wanting Dirk with him. Dirk walked to his car and drove to his small apartment quietly, not even bothering to  text Jake. Jake had cried himself to sleep and Dirk was busy unpacking his things. Jake had never left Dirk's mind which he growled to himself "Get him off your mind Strider. You don't need him" he said to himself but he felt more regret because he overreacted but didn't want to admit it. Dirk sighed and grabbed some beer from his fridge before flopping on the couch and watching some TV and sipping his beer silently. Jake woke up late at night and sighed, thinking about Dirk. He wanted to call Dirk but doubted he would answer the phone. Dirk growled and called Jake which surprised him. Jake picked up the phone "Dirk?" he questioned as Dirk smiled a bit, hearing Jake's voice again. Jake teared up since Dirk was not speaking and hung up quietly but the phone call kept going where Dirk heard Jake sobbing, feeling his own heart break. Jake laid down and cried until he fell asleep. Dirk stayed on the phone with Jake while he started dozing off. The two had slept quietly through out the night until Dirk woke up and the call had been going on for 8 hours now. Jake was still asleep soundly as Dirk smiled softly.