You were able to dodge the monster, moving quickly and swiftly to the left, letting it fall into the ground with a loud thud. You took this moment to run away, although the slippery ground made it all harder to do so. You could hear the Lizalfo let out a strange cry as it followed you quickly. You didn't expect it to be so quick, so you had to be quicker someway. You glanced over your shoulder, seeing that the monster was gaining speed, which made your heartbeat quicken. No, don't panic, you told yourself.

You looked around your surroundings, searching for anything that could help you and soon your eyes saw a thick tree branch laying on the ground next to a tree. You pulled enough of your stamina together to rush towards it. You quickly bent down to grab it, and when you turned, the Lizalfo was charging at you. You were lucky it didn't have a weapon on him. You calculated the speed it was coming at you, and before it reached you, you dodged to the left in a perfect moment. The world around you slowed, and in seconds you were hitting the damn thing. Your arm swung the branch against its ribs, head, and legs as fast as you could.

You stepped back, your breathing a bit heavy as the creature hissed. It was getting weak, and the sight made you smirk. Your fingers curled around the branch as your body prepared itself for the monsters next move. Of course, its next move caught you off guard, because at that moment the voice came back. Retreat. You can't win this, there are more coming. In that off-guard second, the Lizalfo charged towards you, making your back slam against a tree's bark. You let out a cry of pain, your back now pulsing and aching. You knew you couldn't stay like this, however.

The Lizalfo tried to leap at you in your moment of weakness, but you rolled away just in time, though the action simply put you in more pain. You wrapped your arm around a tree, using it as support to lift you from the wet ground. From afar you could spot several other monsters coming your way. The voice was right. You began to stagger away, trying your best to push back the pulsing going on. The rain surely didn't make the situation any better.

You turned around quickly to see if you were being followed. The answer was yes. You let out a groan of frustration before moving more quickly, continuing your way down what was now a muddy path. You looked ahead of you, seeing the path stretch on for what seemed like miles. I can't travel all that! I need to find somewhere to rest, you thought to yourself. Your eyes darted from one side to another, looking for any possible cave to enter. Soon enough you came across one, although there were words above the entrance that you couldn't quite read since you were still far away.

You looked over your shoulder once more before darting into the thin forest. You immediately hid behind a tree. Your chest fell and rose with your heavy breaths, but you tried to focus on breathing more quietly so the monsters wouldn't find you (although with the sound of the rain they probably wouldn't hear it anyway). After a few moments passed you peeked your head out from behind the tree, seeing no one pass by.

In a swift motion, you continued towards the cave, which would act as your shelter for the time being. The closer you got to it though, the more power you felt coming from it. You stopped at the entrance, eyes now rising to see the words written in the rock. Shrine of — The words stopped there. You rose an eyebrow. Was this what was pulling you down the dirt path? You were sure of it because the power within the cave called out to you.

You hesitated, but you started to walk in, feeling the power grow with each step you took. The cave was cold, and you could see your breath each time you breathed out. Suddenly, the entrance from which you came close. You gasped and turned your head to see. Rocks, large ones, were set at the entrance, closing off any bit of light that was in the cave before.

The darkness that now surrounded you made your eyebrows furrow in worry. Do not be scared (Y/n), the voice said in a soothing tone. You gulped, nodding a bit. You continued walking in the cave and soon, there, in front of you, was a torch. The little bits of light it emitted was enough to calm you down, and you hurriedly went towards it. You gladly welcomed the warmth before speaking up.

"Where am I?" You cautiously asked, not knowing if the voice would tell you. You chewed on your bottom lip, eyes looking around as you waited for any type of response.

This is the Shrine of Souls. Here the goddesses will put you into a deep slumber, much like Link. Over time you will grow strong, and once Link awakens you will too. You nodded slowly. More torches were lit ahead of you and you followed them until reaching the end of the corridor. There was a massive open space in front of you, and dim blue lights hovered over what looked like a pool that rested in the centre. Go towards it and lay down, the voice told you.

You did as you were told, though you glanced around, seeing the carves in the stone, and the lights of blue. When you reached the small pool, you got in and slowly laid your back, wincing a bit due to your back still hurting. The water barely covered you, but little by little it began to rise, now engrossing every part of your body, leaving only your face and chest untouched. Above you, the dim lights began to grow a bit brightly and something.. or someone in the back of your head told you to sleep.

And you did.

Author Note: Ah I hope you guys like the prologue. I tried my best to keep it somewhat short, but most of my chapters will be rather long. Also yes I made up a shrine where you're resting for the next 100 years. Hopefully, you guys continue on and enjoy the next chapter. Thank you if you read this :)