Chap 8

Chapter 8

Kaito’s POV

“What’s so interesting about his question?” I asked confused.

“You’re really funny aren’t you?” Yuiko said with a cute smile.

Damn! It’s creepy!

“Please don’t smile… it’s creeping me out…” I said.

We continued chatting. I feel uneasy about this. I’m not used with this atmosphere. We’re talking like we’re close friends.

“Kaito, you’re so quiet. What’s wrong?” Rei asked.

“eh? Me? Nothing’s wrong. I’m fine totally fine.” I answered.

“You sure? You look like you’re irritated or something.” He asked again.

“I’m fine. Look. Sensei is already here.” I said then moved to my chair… away from them.

The class started. Sensei checks the attendance then announced some news with a big smile. I bet it’s interesting.

“Class! I got a wonderful announcement! We’re going to a field trip!”

The moment my classmates hear the news, they all jump for joy. One of them starts to yell out loud then everyone follows. It was so noisy.

“okay… okay… quiet up. It’ll be next week. But we won’t be there just to have fun. OF COURSE you’ll have to work on your field study! I still don’t have the idea where the heck is the place we’re going but all of you are required to join.” He said then opened another topic.

Everyone is secretly talking to each other, discussing things about the field trip. I like field trips but what ruins it are the assignments that they give during the activity.

Break time came. I feel sleepy and I don’t really have plans to go to the canteen. I was about to sleep when Rei talked to me.

“hey, are you planning to sleep?” Rei asked.

“Isn’t it obvious?” I looked at him pissed.

“Nope. Well, let’s go to the canteen to eat.” He said dragging me and my shirt out of the classroom.

“I’m sleepy… why do I have to go to the canteen?” I said with a gloomy face.

“I’m going to discuss some things with you.” he said placing me to one empty table.

He went to buy some food. I waited for him at the table. Then I wondered.

“Is the field trip really fun?” I asked myself.

“Yup it is.” Rei answered while taking his seat.

“Back so early? What do you want to discuss anyway?” I asked

“It’s about the field trip. I have some information about it.”

“What about it?” I said chewing the food he gave me

“It is said that the place we are going is a small town, but it is not that traditional. There’s a rumor that says people who live there chases away people from other places. I think that our trip to that place is a secret to the people who are living there. And also I got a feeling that this trip is not like the other field trips I’ve joined.” He explained.

“What was that?” I asked pissing him off.

“What? You weren’t listening?” he said facing the table and starts to murmur stuff that sounds like disappointment, which actually brighten up my mood.