Chap 24

Chap 24

Everyone stopped when they heard the sound of the crashing phone hit the ground.

“We’ve been here for days! Why can’t we reach them?!” complained the man as he calmed himself and ran his hand towards his blonde locks. “Where’s the head of the tracking group?! Call him now!”

Everyone moved as soon as the command was said.

It’s been days already since the last time they were able to contact the young hunters in the small city. But it was to no avail. Haninozuka, current leader of the group of hunters who were assigned to investigate the case, was already losing his temper. If not for this, he would be doing much more important missions. But who is to say that this is not important.

The thought of having some hunters missing for an unknown cost became a big issue since these students are considered as the best. And something like this never happened before.

“Sir, you called for me?” a man on his thirties approached and gave him a salute.

“Give me updates.” Haninozuka said as calmly as possible. He’s been losing composure and that’s not a very good thing.

There was a pause so he asked again.

“I said give me updates.” He said more sternly this time making the other man flinch.

“I’m afraid to say this but there seem to be no way of communicating sir.” He answered.

“Why is that?” he asked getting irritated. How can something like this happen? This isn’t normal at all. Something is definitely behind this.

“A barrier sir. A barrier is blocking our communication. It seemed to be caused by some strong spell casters but that would be impossible.”

“Spell casters huh… aren’t there only a few left? And they were also considered as minor threats right?” he asked getting confused. He was sure enough that that race is near to extinction. If there was something that strong it would become really problematic. It might get even worse from the last battle they have 7 or 8 years ago.

“How many were able to escape?” he asked changing the topic. “Anyone awake?”

“Some are starting to wake up but they have no idea on how they were able to escape. It seemed that they were dragged out.” The other man answered.

“How many were left?”

“Ten sir.” The man answered.

“Their names?”

“Akatsu Aoi, Aoyagi Yuiko, Bare Akise, Minato Shinji, Duller Shella, Yonna Siree, Zen Lyn, Siel Ren, Setsuna Rei, and Shishido Kaito sir.”

“Give me their data, family backgrounds, childhood, previous schools, everything. Search for them and submit it to me tomorrow morning. Got that officer?” he asked eyes staring at something else.

“Affirmative sir.” With that the man left and headed towards the tents.

As the man left he continue to float around his thoughts.

‘Shishido Kaito’ he thought to himself. Something tells him that the current situation has something to do with the previous war. The war that killed most hunters and worse, killed his cousin, Shishido Sousuke. He could still remember that day like it just happened earlier.

It was another of those unwanted mornings. Sirens, cries, and agony filled the tending room. It was filled with hurt hunters, nurses and doctors. He was there too. Fortunately it was just something minor compared to the others.