Chap 17

Chap 17

“Lucky bastards” Rei stated to himself.

It was already four in the afternoon. He’s currently doing his work on his laptop. He’s still unsure of what to do. He does not know if he would tell Kaito or keep it a secret. He sighed and said “I should keep it.”

“What is?” Kaito asked on his back.

He could nearly scream at the other male’s sudden interruption. He didn’t notice that Kaito had entered their room.

“It’s nothing.” He said still looking at his laptop. He wouldn’t dare look at Kaito. It would be really trouble if he were to spill what he knows but it would be also trouble if Kaito finds out that he is keeping such information.

“You sure? You sound worried.” Kaito said and lay back on his bed.

“Yup. Don’t worry about it.” Rei said without a hint of worry in his voice.

“But I’m curious about it. What could possibly it that you just have to keep it to yourself? You know you can also let it out if it’s that problematic. I’m a good listener.” Kaito said clearly knowing that Rei is definitely hiding something important. “The more you act cool and hide it, the more curious I get.”

Kaito’s tone was serious. He totally read Rei’s action. He knew he’s keeping something and he wants to know it. He’s dead serious about it.

“C’mon tell me.” Kaito said as he sat in an Indian seat pose.

“You’re creeping me out. Why are you so curious about it? It’s just family matter.” He lied. “It does not concern you.”

“Rei…” Kaito thought for a moment then continued. “You’re lying, aren’t you?”

Kaito’s eyes were looking straight at the other male. Rei, in the other hand, just froze. He can’t think of any good comeback with all this things in his mind.

“You should mind your own business Kaito. Give me some space to think for a while.” Rei answered gesturing Kaito to go away.

“Rei, I won’t stop asking. This morning when I woke up, you were already gone.” Kaito said, eyes looking straight to Rei. “Why won’t you turn around? I can’t see your face you know.”

Rei started to feel bad. Panic is rising inside of him. Kaito’s totally interrogating him. He can’t even tell what expression he has now.

“Rei? Are you listening to me?” Kaito asked thinking that the other male was way too busy thinking. “Rei, you there?”

Kaito got up from his bed and walked towards the other male. He grabbed Rei’s chair and turned it around making the red haired male looked at him surprised. This time Kaito definitely saw through him. He’s hiding something and he’s certain about it.

“C’mon tell me what it is!” Kaito whined irritated that Rei is keeping something. “You can tell me.”

“if you keep acting like that, I won’t be able to bring myself to say it to you.” Rei said losing eye contact.

“I won’t.” Kaito assured then sat down onto another chair. “I’m perfectly calm right now. You can tell me.” Kaito looked at him with pleading eyes.

“Before I tell you, how did you know that I was hiding something?”Rei asked his arms crossed.

“I saw you…” he murmured.

“Huh?”

“I saw you followed two students… I got curious.” Kaito said his face looking down.