Soixante-cuatre

"Lauren Reynolds is dead," Reid muttered

Everyone looked at him. Victoria almost slapped herself. "Garcia hand me my computer. Prentiss went out on her own to hunt down Doyle," she stated.

As soon as she had her computer it was like a switch was flipped. She was in charge. Hadn't  considered that she would actually have to pull up Prentiss's file of Doyle. Prentiss had come clean to her to some degree. Problem was that Prentiss hadn't shared everything. Victoria typed as if her life depended on it.

"What are you doing," Aaron asked her.

"I'm pulling up Prentiss's case file from Doyle. Put out an alert for Clyde Easter. I just know that he's here somewhere," Victoria responded. "She was probably working the case that got Doyle arrested. You do know what makes Interpol different for us do you?"

"No. What separates them from us?"

"Infiltration. I want to know how close she got to Doyle. What her cover was. He's killing families. She left to protect us." 

All the while her gaze never left her computer. "Do you still have access to Interpol database?"

She shrugged, "Maybe, maybe not, I may be logged into the database using Clyde's login info but that's unimportant. I found her file. I'll be ready to brief the team in five. Did you ask for JJ's assistance in this? She has pull in the Pentagon."

"So do you love."

"Eh I don't think calling in favors would be necessary. I got what I need. I just need JJ's sources to confirm it." Victoria shrugged it off as she printed papers and pictures and made a presentation.

~~~~~~~~~

The team sat around the table as she finished delivering the presentation. Morgan was the most angry of them all.

"As of now our best bet is to talk to Clyde Easter. Although he will be very paranoid and on guard at the moment. His first move will defensive. He'll lash out. Easter doesn't have much patience when under stress. With that in mind he has connections. He's better off our friend than enemy. Hotch will talk to him. He respects authority." Victoria saw Aaron's coffee mug on the desk and took a gulp of it and immediately felt like gagging. Was everyone suddenly drinking the disguising decaffeinated coffee?

"You heard her. Garcia have you got a hit on Easter?"

"TSA picked him up on his way to Boston."

"Have airport security detain him in Boston. We'll meet him there. Rossi and Morgan go look for any clues in Prentiss's apartment."

Victoria knew that Aaron hoped Prentiss left a trail of clues. The next hours were a blur. Victoria could hardly even process what was going on as they stormed the warehouse. She had allowed herself to stand back with JJ. An action she regretted. If she had gone in then maybe she could have helped Morgan catch Doyle. Maybe things wouldn't have ended the way they did. Maybe if she had tried harder they wouldn't be sitting in a hospital waiting room living on a prayer. Maybe if she had done better. Been better. Prentiss wouldn't be fighting for her life.