Chapter 105: Storytelling (EP. 02)

"What are you doing working so early?"

Aiden looked at his wife in surprise, looking up from his desk and tilting his specs slightly from the bridge of his nose.

His wife is still donning her magenta nightgown, and she wouldn't be one to blame, it's currently four in the morning.

Elsa walked over to him and gave an adorable yawn, scooting behind Aiden and planting a soft kiss on his cheek.

"And what are you doing so early up?" He smiles.

"I sensed you weren't in bed," She murmured, "So I figured you'd be here."

"I've been here since the last hour. I just thought that finishing up the papers early may give us more time to spend together."

"Aiden, the stack is gone."

"Exactly. Shall we return to our room?"

"We have a few more hours to spare until Kai rings for us, better savor it than never."

The fire king and the ice queen retreated to their personal bedroom with yawns and droopy eyes. Aiden fell on the couch (He wanted to try something new) and pulled his wife to join him, afterwards.

After grabbing a blanket, the ice queen finally lays beside her husband and fell quickly back to sleep.

6 AM

The little princess wailed and whimpered. Little Auriana was hungry, she always was.

Babies are not usually so round, but Auriana was slightly different. She looked very healthy, but she's found to be very small like Chandler.

Like usual babies, both the twins' eyes seemed like they are always squinting, but their pretty eye colors can still be seen when they are awake.

"Elsa," Aiden groaned sleepily, "She's hungry."

The Snow Queen, still feeling heavy from sleep, lazily stood up and walked over gently to the other crib, scooping up the little girl in her arms.

Auriana looked at her mother with fully awake round, green eyes, as if to say a nice good morning.

Elsa couldn't stay sleepy at that adorable face. "Lover, we're just going to go for some fresh air."

"M'kay." Came Aiden's muffled response.

Elsa laughed softly at his exhausted reply and kissed his forehead with affection, before taking a small blanket with her. Gingerly carrying her youngest, she walked out of the room and closed the door behind her back.

She finally reached her favorite spot in the castle; the parlor. She slowly sat by the large space by the open window and began to nurse the child in her arms.

The calm air passed by the open window swiftly, making the little child crinkle her nose.

"M-ma—" the girl cried. Knowing that she's had enough, Elsa finally raised up her sleeve and rocked her back and forth comfortingly, caressing Auriana's hair every now and then.

"Elsa dear?"

The ice queen whirled her head to find the former Queen of the Northern Isles standing by the door.

"Oh! Mama Helena, good morning."

"Good morning to you too. And who might this little love be?" Helena beamed knowingly, sitting next to her daughter in law. Elsa awkwardly smiled.

"May I hold her?"

"Of course."

Elsa gingerly passed the wailing little girl over to her grandmother silently, eager to see the former Queen's reaction.

"Good morning little love... It's so nice to finally meet you in the flesh," Helena cooed, "What a pretty girl you are. Is that your daddy's eyes I see?"

"Indeed." Elsa chuckled.

"You and Aiden make beautiful children," Helena commented in awe, still caressing her granddaughter's cheek, "Isn't that right little— what's her name, dear?"

"Auriana."

"What a fitting name for this adorable little lady." Helena smiled, "Grandma's going to spoil you rotten!"

"Mama?"

Aiden smiled across the doorway, holding a little bundle in his arms, "I think you might want to meet your other grandchild."

(A/N: The picture below does not belong to me. Credits to the one who owns it. Sorry if it's black and white.)

"Hello there!" Helena greeted, now holding two infants, "Oh! What a healthy prince you are

"Hello there!" Helena greeted, now holding two infants, "Oh! What a healthy prince you are. You look just like your father when he was just your age."

Aiden blushed in embarrassment, scratching his head. Elsa looked at him and supressed a giggle.

"That's Chandler, mama."

"Chandler. Very handsome, indeed. Well, off you two go." Helena made a shooting motion.

"What? Where?" Aiden cluelessly asked.

"Can't you see I'm busy here? Let the old woman hog her grandchildren to herself! You two go somewhere and make me more beautiful grandchildren to spoil!"

While Elsa blushed beet red at her mother in law's words, Aiden made a face palm with heat creeping up to his cheeks, "Isn't two enough? And mama, can you take care of two by yourself?"

"I'll ask for assistance when I need it. Now shoo, you two take a break and maybe walk downtown!"

"Wha-?"

"Don't question, lover. See you, mama Helena at breakfast."
____________________________________

"She's smitten to them, I can tell."

Aiden looked at his mother rocking the twins back and forth, adoration written all over her face. Elsa nodded in agreement, eyes closed in relaxation, "She is."

"Feeling alright, pretty eyes?"

"I feel absolutely fine. Just... Calm."

"I know the feeling. Why don't we just go downtown and I don't know, look out for some baby clothes for Anna's own incoming little one?"

"That's a great idea, I know she'll be up for it!"

"Shh, love, it's supposed to be a surprise."

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter, but I hope this chapter makes you happy. And silly Helena, making Aidelsa blush 🤣 also, I just want to know how you guys like "What? There's An Us?" So far. Let me know in the comments! :))