Chapter 6

Sara and I join Rip in interrogating the man who we recently discovered was called Mr. Blake. Rip currently has Mr. Blake tied to a chair in an empty room on the Waverider. Sara and I lean against the wall of the small room allowing the Brit to take the lead on this.

He circles Mr. Blake closely, as he speaks-- "I'm gonna make this very simple for you, Mr. Blake." Rip then leans towards Blake and speaks colder this time, "You tell me where Vandal Savage is hiding his fortune and we will let you leave here unmolested."

"Vandal Savage, is that the name you know him by?" Blake asks.

"Let's assume so, yes." Rip answers.

"And what is your name? Gareeb?" Blake questions Rip with a smirk, I watch curiously as Rip turns around startled by the name.

"Will you give us a moment?" Rip asks us but we simply ignore his request.

"Gareeb?" Sara questions Mr. Blake.

"It's a legend passed down for 4,000 years." Blake starts explaining and I look at Rip confused. "When my master was first bestowed the gift of eternal life, an enemy tried to kill him." I'm guessing Rip was that enemy. "Every myth has it's monster, its devil-- for those of our order, it's him, the Gareeb." Does that mean that Rip tried to kill Savage once already? By himself?

"I'd stop talking if I were you, mate." Rip says somehow managing to come across as hostile despite the use of the word "mate." Mr. Blake then turns to face Sara and I, both of us visibly confused.

"If I were you, I'd run." Blake says cryptically. "Your friend has already failed to kill my master once." Well, that confirms my theory that Rip tried to put an end to Savage once before. "He won't be able to protect you-- in fact, I highly doubt he's ever been able to protect anyone." I look over to Rip who in the midst of his rage, thrashes his arm out knocking out Mr. Blake. Rip then storms out of the small windowless room.

"I'll go talk to Rip, you watch our friend here." Sara says chasing after Rip leaving me alone with the unconscious follower of Savage. I allow myself to sit down, leaning against the wall. Mr. Blake starts to stir and he looks over at me with a menacing smirk.

"My master speaks of you quite frequently." I jump back on my feet at his words, why would Savage be talking about me? "You're the one with the blue energy coursing through her veins, the one my master has control over."

"Savage doesn't have control over me." I state with feigned confidence.

"Is that really what you believe?" I don't have time to respond seeing as Rip comes barging into the room again with Sara at his heels.

"Let's try this again." Rip says entering the room once again. Sara glances over at me and takes notice of the look of both shock and confusion on my face as I study Mr. Blake.

"You okay?" she asks in a whisper.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm good." I lie, leaning back against the wall of the small room.

"Where's Savage's fortune?" Rip questions. "Now, I'm particularly interested in this thing called the 'vessel'" Rip tells the man leaning against the side of the room whilst Sara stands beside Blake with her arms crossed.

"The 'vessel' is my master's most treasured possession." Blake tells us.

"Excellent, and where can we find it?" Rip asks, Blake wouldn't actually tell us where the vessel is, would he?

"The Greyhill Building-- there's a gathering tonight in celebration of it." the man tells us simply. Why is he so eager for us to go there?

"And clearly you want us to go so we can get ourselves killed." Sara steps forward with her arms crossed.