Chapter 3

I open my eyes to the familiar setting of the MedBay. I sit up and thankfully the pain isn't as bad as before. I remove the weird wrist watch and stand up only slightly wincing at the dull ache.

"Miss Evans I must advise against that, you aren't fully healed yet." Gideon says.

"Thanks for your concern Gideon, but I'm fine. Now where are the others?"

"In the bridge discussing their next course of action, but Miss Lance said--"

"Miss Lance needs to chill, I'm fine." I start walking towards the bridge to join the others.

"Forgetting physics for a second, shouldn't we figure out what Savage is doing in Norway?" I hear Sara say when I walk in. Ray notices and looks at me wide-eyed. I bring a finger to my lips to silence him.

I casually come up beside Sara making sure that I don't look like I'm in any pain whatsoever and I subtly lean on the table for support. Sara looks over at me and goes to say something but Rip starts speaking so a glare has to suffice for now.

"According to Gideon, there is a large meeting of terrorists and fringe groups looking to buy illegal arms."

"Now that sounds like a vacation." Mick smiles.

"Arms dealers and terrorists aren't exactly our kind of people, but they're the next best thing." Snart smiles at Sara.

"Well, looks like you and your lapdog get to earn your keep." Carter comments.

"I'm no one's lapdog, bird-man." Mick growls.

"So what exactly does one wear to a black market arms bazaar, anyway?" Kendra asks Rip.

"The Waverider has a fabrication room which can fashion temporally-indigenous, uh, fashion." Rip explains.

"You've got a room that makes clothing?" Jax questions.

"Doesn't everyone?"

"No-- I wish." I say.

Once everyone heads off to go their separate ways Jax comes up to me.

"Hey, you sure you should be up and about?" he asks his voice laced with concern.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine." I say with a wave of my hand.

"Just be careful, ok?"

"Of course." I smile and walk off to go get ready. Even though I won't admit it to anyone, it's kinda nice to know that Jax cares about me.

~~~

Sara, Mick, Snart, Stein and I all walk towards the building where this arms deal is going down. I'm wearing a dark blue t-shirt underneath a black leather jacket accompanied by a pair of jeans. My black hair is tied back in a tight ponytail.

"Looks like their checking credentials. And we don't have any." Sara says after observing the people heading into the building.

"We got this. Trust us." Mick tells us, am I really just supposed to trust a pair of criminals? Just then Snart bumps into some stranger.

"Excuse you." he says after getting ahold of his ID. We approach the guard standing in front of the building and he requests for our ID's. Snart then hands him the stolen card-- the man in the tux glances down at the orange card then back up at Snart.

"You don't look like an Amhad Ahmed Izzalt-Din."

"I'm Arab-- on my mother's side." Snart answers calmly. The guard seems unsure when Stein swoops in and saves all our asses with his knowledge of history. He rambles on about some weird criminal group. Snart snatches the ID back and we enter the building.