Chapter 4

I look at my feet, I lost control of my powers and it compromised our mission. I feel the guilt starting to consume me again when Jax nudges me and smiles lightly at me.

"It happens to all of us, now you just need to make it right." Jax says softly and I nod thankfully. We all stand here as Kendra and Carter go to have a discussion in the library.

"So thanks to Raymond leaving a piece of his suit in the past, the rest of us don't have a future to go back to?" Snart asks as he paces around the bridge.

"Unless we do something to change this course of events, the future will become immutable." Rip speaks from where he's sitting.

"Exactly how much time do we have?" Ray asks with a pang of guilt.

"Until Savage's weapons team reverse-engineers your tech." Rip states grimly.

"We're talking 1970s terrorists with 21st-century weapons. And since we don't know where Savage went--" Stein speaks but is cut off by a hopeful Ray.

"We don't have to find Savage. We just have to find the other piece of my suit. Which shrinks because it's made of an alloy which mimics intra-molecular compression of dwarf star, thus emitting Alpha Particles." Ray explains leaving me to be confused by all the fancy scientific terms.

"So we just need to be able to track them. Fortunately, Alpha Particles are highly trackable." Stein says catching on to Ray's plan.

"Yet unheard of in the 1970s. It's like we're trapped in the Stone Age."

"I'll have you know that I was researching Alpha Particles when you were eating crayons." I snicker at Steins comment getting a look from Ray.

"So to track that piece of Raymond's super-suit, we just need to talk to..." Snart replies.

"Me." Stein answers then continues-- "25 year old me, rather." Stein finishes and the hawks come join the rest of us. By the looks on their faces I'm guessing they have something to share. My theory is confirmed when Carter says--

"Show them Kendra."

"Aldus was carrying this when he was killed." Kendra hands Rip a piece of paper. "It's a newspaper article about an Egyptian dagger." Kendra elaborates.

"The one Savage used to kill us." Carter adds.

"In Central City, we learned that objects associated with the night of our deaths can also be used to kill Savage." Kendra says.

"According to Aldus's notes, the dagger needs to be wielded in conjunction with an incantation inscribed on it." Carter informs us. I feel sympathy towards the two hawks at the thought of Aldus, I had been out cold at the time but I was filled in quickly. It must be hard to lose your son, even if you never knew him in this lifetime.

"So, what does this incantation say anyways?" I ask the hawks.

"I don't know, I can't read the language." Kendra admits and I nod understanding.

"It's okay, I'll help you remember." Carter says grabbing Kendra by the arm and leading her away.

"Splendid... Now, as for the dagger." Rip starts.

"You need someone to steal it." Ray states.

"Okay, fine. Whatever I'll do it." Snart says snatching the piece of paper right out of Rips hands, a surprise to nobody. "Article says it was purchased by some rich Russian douche bag named Sasha Mahnovski." He says after taking a quick glance at it.

"I'll go with you." Ray volunteers.

"I already got a partner." Snart says in an attempt to discourage the optimistic billionaire.