Chapter 5

"We've arrived in Leipzig, Germany, the most current location for Vandal Savage. And by the way, Captain, you are urgently needed in the MedBay." Gideon says, I immediately jump out of my seat and follow Rip to the MedBay.

"I thought she'd stabilized." Stein says running along with us.

"As did I." Rip responds sharply as we enter the MedBay to find Kendra spasming. I stand in the doorway not wanting to get in their way, but wanting to help if needed.

"Carter! Where's Carter?" she cries out in between whimpers causing my heart to drop. Stein's the only one brave enough to answer the question,

"He's gone, Kendra. I'm so sorry." Stein answers gently.

"Gideon, turn that bloody noise off!" Rip shouts referring to the annoying alarm going off.

"Yes Captain." Gideon replies immediately shutting off the alarm. Ray comes bursting into the Medbay asking--

"What happened?"

"Saunders appears to have had a complication." Stein answers the concerned billionaires question.

"Ye-- I know, what kind of complication?" Ray asks as I just stand there watching Kendra with eyes filled with worry.

"How could you leave him?" she wails and I bite my lip looking down at my feet, I don't pay any attention to the rest as I leave the MedBay to join the others in the bridge.

~~~

I pace around the room as Rip informs the rest of the team on Kendra's worsening condition,

"Pieces of the dagger have apparently broken off and are, as we speak, en route to her heart."

"Can't we just time jump into the future where they got the stuff to fix her?" Jax asks Rip.

"This ship is from that very same future and has, thus far, been unsuccessful in saving her." Rip answers, waving his hands up in frustration.

"Kendra wouldn't survive the time jump anyway." Snart states simply and we all look at him confused, "I pay attention."

"To sum up, Carter hall is dead, the girlfriends not too far behind--"

"Rory." I hiss but he just continues paying me no attention,

"Vandal Savage is sitting pretty in 1975, which we're all stuck in-- that how the plan supposed to work Rip?" Mick asks turning to the captain.

"Obviously not, but the mission is simple. We stop Vandal Savage here in the past and we save the future." he states firmly.

"Simple don't mean easy, Captain." Snart says and I shockingly find myself nodding my agreement with the cold criminal.

"Oh, I never said it was." Rip says with a shake of his head. "The benefit of being a Time Master is that the length of history gives one... perspective." he pauses looking towards the criminal before continuing, "I've seen darker days, I've seen men of steel die and dark knights fall, and even then I accomplished my mission no matter what." he says silencing us all-- then he walks forward, proceeding as if nothing happened. "Gideon, what is our status?" he asks the AI.

"When the Waverider was attacked by Chronos, the Jump Ship was damaged. Unless you make repairs, we will be unable to--"

"Wait, Jumpship?" Jax asks turning towards the captain.

"It's a small expediatory vessel at the belly of the Waverider-- you're a mechanic!" Rip exclaims excitedly. "You have a look at it."

"Uhh, auto mechanic." he starts gesturing to himself, then he moves to gesture to the Waverider as he says "Uh, spaceship."