Warm Faces

Amaya was grateful for Janai and Kazi's help in caring for Ginger. Janai would sometimes help feed her or take her out in the morning, and when they were at work Kazi would be the one to look after the corgi, who had taken an immediate shine to them. Ginger was liking the attention she was receiving from the two new humans, but at the times she'd get sad Amaya would immediately scoop her up in a hug or give Gren a quick video call to help her feel better. Beast however, was a different story.

The small tabby wouldn't even stay in the same room as Ginger, preferring to stay in Janai or Kazi's room to sleep instead of her usual spot in Amaya's bed (that was currently occupied by Ginger). There were times she'd slink into the room if Ginger was in there, the corgi would attempt to play with her, only for the cat to swat at her snout and walk out. Amaya knew the cat wasn't terrified, if she was her tail would have been poofed up and be hissing at Ginger, it seemed as if she was more annoyed at this newcomer's presence and that it had taken away the attention of her favorite caretakers.

[I think Beast is jealous of Ginger.] Amaya signed to Kazi as she was laying on the couch with the corgi snuggled up to her chest while her roomate was scribbling something down with a book opened next to them.

[What makes you think that?] Kazi signs back with a concerned face.

[She took her sleeping spot in my room, and she just dislikes being in the same room as her.]

[Beast is always a grumpy baby when a new animal is staying over.] Amaya points out. [Like the first time my nephews stayed over, she absolutely hated Bait and would literally shove him off whenever he was sitting.]

[And then he did the same to her.] Kazi signs, a small smile coming to their lips at the memory. Every time Beast would shove the cat sized toad off whatever surface she decided to lay on, he would retaliate and shove her off to regain his spot. This only happened three times before Beast decided to leave Bait alone, but both doubted the cat was going to start shoving the dog off the kitchen counter.

"I'm heading out." Janai announced, emerging from the hallway as Beast followed. "Don't burn down the house."

[You're starting to sound like Soren.] Amaya signs and Kazi bit back a laugh before translating it. Janai responds with a frown.

"My sister is planning on visiting me this weekend and I need to go out grocery shopping, so if either of you don't want to be here when she comes just let me know."

"I was planning on visiting my parents this weekend, since the New Year is coming up." Kazi says as Beast decided to wander into the living room. "No offense, but your sister is...well..."

[A bitch.] Amaya signs. [Gren will be back by tomorrow, so by then Ginger will be home and I'll be heading to the cabin my family is heading to to celebrate the New Year.]

"Please refrain from calling my sister that." Janai warns before noticing her cat glaring at the sleeping corgi. "Beast, be nice."

"Oh she doesn't seem happy that Ginger took her napping spot on Amaya." Kazi says when they see why the cat was looking upset. "Can't they share? Beast is pretty small for her age, so she can fit."

Amaya smiles at the cat and wiggled her fingers at her before giving her a little scratch between the ears, unfazed by the tabby's unhappy expression she was shooting at Ginger.

"Yes, she's definitely jealous of Ginger." Kazi says quietly before turning to Janai. "So, what do we do?"

"Leave her be, she'll get over her jealousy eventually."

"Beast, come to Kazi." Kazi calls, getting the cat's attention and smiles as she scurries over to climb on their lap. "There we go, you don't need to be upset over a guest occupying Amaya's attention."