A Response

"Should we have chosen a better hiding spot?" Callum asked as he tried blowing on his hands to warm his hands and rubbed them. "It's so cold! Can't we go wait in the car?"

"And miss out on everything? No way, you can go back!" Rayla exclaims as she peeks over the bush they were hiding behind. "They're still eating, how long does it take to eat a cupcake?"

"I'm already tempted to head back to the car." Reyna mutters loudly as Boris whines loudly. "Boris head back to the car with Cici, Kasef will kill me if you get sick."

"Why are we hiding here again?" Sarai asks quietly. "This feels weird."

"We're spying on them, have to see if our combined efforts will bring them together." Reyna responds. "At least that's what Soren told me, I really don't know why I'm still here."

"I think they're done." Ezran states loudly. "Wait...oh she just lunged across the table to grab him. Wait I think they're...kissing?"

"You don't need to see that." His mother scolds as the others cheer.

"They just moved from the table, still kissing." Rayla adds loudly. "So, I take it this went well?"

"Only one way to find out, we just have to wait."

---

"I'm in love with you." Gren says, making sure to pronounce each word carefully for Amaya, before starting to sign. [Ever since we met and started texting and hanging out more, I've been in love with you.]

There, he finally said it. He wasn't sure what Amaya was going to do now, would she accept this confession? Would she reject him? Did she even like him? So many questions running through his head that he didn't even have answers to, and every second Amaya didn't say or do anything made Gren wonder if he made a mistake. Maybe this was a mistake, maybe -

Amaya just reached across the table to grab Gren by the front of his sweater and before he could even react, he could feel her lips on his. All his questions and worries just melted away and were forgotten as he started to kiss Amaya back, breaking apart momentarily for her to move to his side of the table and continue to kiss him before stopping. Gren was very sure at this point his cheeks were very flushed right now, seeing how Amaya's own cheeks were quite flushed.

[I love you too.] She signs and smiles at him warmly.

Gren couldn't help but smile as well before reaching forward to embrace her. Amaya accepts his hug, hugging him back tightly. She loved him, she loved him, she loved him, she loved him! Right now he was feeling so warm and fuzzy inside from this news that he almost didn't notice the tingling sensation on his wrist until Amaya pulls away from him with a startled look on her face. Gren looks at her in concern before she pulls herself out of his embrace and turns to touch the back of her neck before grabbing his wrist.

[Gren, look.] Amaya signs before pushing the sleeve of his sweater up. Gren let out a gasp when he saw the underside of his arm was now covered with multiple colorful flowers and looked at Amaya. Did this mean...

[All this time...it was you?] He signs before Amaya turns to tug at the back of her sweater to expose the back of her next to reveal what looked to be flowers similar to the ones on his wrist.

[I've never had those words that would turn into something like this, Sarai always told me that I'd still find someone even without them.] Amaya signs when she turns to face Gren again and smiles. [I met my own soulmate without realizing it, he was the dorky bookstore owner.]

Gren gave a laugh as his now soulmate took his hands and gently pressed them to her lips. He could hear the others approaching but ignored them, attention only on Amaya. He could hardly believe this was happening right now, the woman he had fallen for was his soulmate, and for so long he had assumed he didn't even have one.