Simple Chatting

[Nice to finally meet someone who can sign well.] Amaya signed once her sister and nephews were out of sight and smiled.

[It's why I studied to be an interpreter, to educate those who don't know and to aid those who can't speak or hear.] The bookstore employee signs back. [It's why I always try to have lots of sign language books in my store, I even have some brail for beginners too.]

[Sounds interesting.]

Amaya noticed the owner kept glancing back to the registers to where two other men were standing, a tall dark haired man with curly hair pulled back in a ponytail and a shorter man with more fluffy looking hair that reminded her of a bird, who were looking over at them and grinning widely. Probably his coworkers, but neither of the three were wearing badges so it was a bit hard to tell.

[So, anything you'd like to read?] The owner signs and gestures to the other books. [We have all sorts of books here, from non-fiction to sci-fi to the greatest classics ever written, to even self help books.]

[You keep rubbing your wrist, did you injure yourself?] Amaya asks. The owner quickly hid his hands behind his back and shakes his head.

Before she could even sign anything, Ezran immediately jumps right between them with a large leather book with various magical creatures and a big grin on his face.

[I found a game book of that game Callum loves playing! We can play it now with him!] Her nephew signs excitedly before handing her the book. [This family trip isn't gonna be boring now!]

[Oh that dungeons game Callum likes to play with Rayla?] Amaya signs and Ezran nods excitedly. [Well I hope you have your money to pay for it and whatever else you want to get.]

Out of the corner of her eyes Amaya had noticed the owner of the bookstore move back to the registers were and the taller of the two men said something to him. She noticed him glance over at her and quickly look away with his cheeks turning pink.

Amaya then felt a tug on her sleeve and turned to find Sarai and Callum with multiple books in their arms.

[Can't decide?] Amaya signs at her sister with a small smirk. Sarai just makes a face at her before ushering them to move to the registers. Deciding to get something herself, Amaya moves back to the shelves before finding herself in the horror story section and quickly grabs two books, not even looking at the titles before hurrying to the registers.

[I thought you didn't like horror stories?] Callum signs to her when she places the books on the counter.

[Figured I might as well see what's thrilling about them.] She signs back as the owner scans her items. [Also I can probably hit Viren with these.]

[Enjoy your books, Stephen King is a good horror author.] The owners signs to her and gives her a smile. [Enjoy your trip!]

One of his friends, the shorter dark haired man, quickly grabs the receipt that was printed out and scribbles something onto it before dropping it into the bag with the other books Sarai and the boys had gotten before placing her own books in and giving them a small wave.

[See you around.] Amaya signs cheerfully before following her family out the door.

🔹🔹🔹

"What did you write on that receipt?!" Gren asks Crowmaster in alarm once the two women and children had left.

"Your name and personal number." His friend replies with a grin. "I think she's into you Gren."

"I'm not going to date a random woman I met in my store!" Gren exclaims and grabs his hair. "Oh gosh, what if she's already dating someone who's her soulmate?!"

"Gren, I don't think she has one." Corvus points out. "People who haven't found their soulmates yet can actually date others who haven't found theirs. It makes it easier to find a soulmate."

"Also, maybe this would be a great opportunity for you to get out of the bookstore and socialize!" Crowmaster adds. "You two can start out as friends, and who knows, it can progress from there! That's how it went for me and my soulmate. Hey maybe someday we can go on a group date when I finally find my soulmate and we can meet Corvus'!"

"I still think giving her my number was a bad idea." Gren groans and drops his head down on the counter. "Ugh, this is not going to end well I swear."

"Nonsense, it's going to be fine! Just wait, you'll thank us later when we help you out!"