Home

A day has passed since Rooster's injuries were nonlife-threatening, which was good for everyone, especially Rooster. Now the final test.

"Ok, buddy now let's check on your legs." The doctor ordered Rooster to make a few steps, "My legs should be good shouldn't they, I mean I'm a puppy after all." Rooster thought. Though his thoughts would lie to him. "Rooster why are you walking backwards?" The veterinarian asked him, and the young pup was confused.

A half-hour later, the results came in for Farmer Shep and Rooster. Rooster will be ok and will make a quick recovery. However, due to the unexpected way Rooster walking backwards, Farmer Shep will have to monitor Rooster daily on how he walks. "How did I end up walking backwards... I'm very mad at that dumb fox." Rooster was obviously mad at the fox that forced him to chase and caused him to chew on a core that made him walk backward for who knows how long.

"Ok buddy, time to go home, Shep said to Rooster, as he carefully takes him back to the farm. "Rooster you need to learn how to stop being so weak, I don't have any confidence in you buddy, you are soon going to be the farm dog of the farm and you are already doing dingbat things." A very disappointed Farmer Shep said to Rooster. Rooster puts his head down in shame, as they arrive back at the farm.

Some of the animals at the farm were relieved and happy to see the Welsh Sheepdog back home. Well not everyone. Hamm, an Australian Shepherd, his rival. Hey, there's my best friend! How you doin my friend... Why are you walking backwards?" Asked the Shepherd. Sarcastically and laughing along.

*sigh* "I got chased by a fox and I was scared, and I ran over the farm, and I got to the room with all the electric cores and I chewed on one." "I think, I just showed the animals and Shep that I'm incapable of being the farm dog". Rooster told Hamm. "Well, everyone makes mistakes, and we all learn from our mistakes. We learn not to do it again." "I don't know if I can live by those words Hamm." Said Rooster.

Hamm has been the alpha farm dog for 8 years and soon he will have to give the spot away to Rooster, who has shown he's unproven and weak. While Hamm has shown to be proven and successful. He's very cocky. And is doing everything to make sure Rooster will never be the alpha.

"And how is Roxy doing Hamm?" Asked Rooster. "Oh, Roxy? The girl you are never gonna get? Oh, she's by the cows like usual." Teased Hamm. "Why are you always picking on me, Hamm?! I know I haven't shown much but I'm still young, and it was just a mistake! I promise I won't do it again!" Yelled Rooster. "I'll believe it when I see it." Said Hamm, as Rooster embarrassingly starts walking backwards to his crush.

"What makes him think he'll have the spot as the farm dog and take my Roxy away from me? Ha, he will never have a chance on either thing." Exclaimed Hamm as he went back to work.

A/N: Finally the third chapter is here. Let me tell you it's not easy coming up with original characters. Like Hamm who is very cocky towards Rooster. And soon we are going to be introduced to Roxy. Oh does young Rooster have a crush? We will find out in the next chapter.

- Rooster