𝕏𝕍𝕀

"You seriously compelled a man to give me an invitation to a ball?" Blair spoke into the phone.

"What fun would it be without you there?" Klaus responded.

"Niklaus Mikaelson. A ball. A fucking ball. What is this? the seventeenth century?" Blair asked, hearing a laugh from his line. "I take it your family is listening, then. Don't be surprised when the best looking person there comes to murder you, Niklaus. Because, believe me, I will."

She hung up the phone, immediately leaving to go find a dress. About two hours later, she found the perfect dress. It was a lilac purple, the skirt layered with more lilac layers and lace white flowers traveling from the bottom, up the skirt. She compelled the dress into her own possession and left the shop. She found some white heels and got ready.

"What?" She said, answering her phone.

"Are you going tonight?" Blaine asked, talking about the ball.

"To the ball? I couldn't miss it, dear brother. Will you be there?" Blair asked him.

"Unfortunately."

"Going to protect your precious doppelgänger, I can only assume." Blair said, finishing up her makeup.

"No, I'm going to rub elbows with the Originals, maybe I can woo that Rebekah." Blaine responded.

"Yes, as if any girl in their right mind could want you." Blair said with a snicker. "What is it you wanted, again?"

"I just wanted to insure my poor old sister would save me a dance."

"Hm. I doubt it, but I suppose we shall find out. See you soon." Without waiting on him, she hung up the phone.  Looking in the mirror one last time, making sure everything was perfect, before leaving.

Arriving at the mansion was more intimidating than she thought it would be. There were many people already there, so she walked in. Klaus almost immediately spotted her. "Blair! You look- -"

"Amazing? Gorgeous? Magnificent? Thank you, dear Niklaus." She interrupted him with a smile. "Lovely little party. Where's the alcohol?"

"Over there." He pointed to a table with a load of champagne on it.

"Only champagne?" Blair looked back at him.

"For you, yes. I don't need you getting drunk before the party even starts."

"Wow, thank you for ruining my master plan." Blair said sarcastically, walking over to the table and grabbing a glass of champagne and observing the party.

"And you must be the girl my brother can't stop talking about. Blair, is it?" Blair turned to see Kol.

"Yes. You're the infamous Kol." Blair walked closer to him, watching as a devilish grin grew on his face. "Now tell me, how did someone with a reputation like yours agree to something like this?"

"My mother wants us to be a big happy family. I'm not to keen with the idea." Kol explained as she finished her glass of champagne.

"What a shame. It's a bore to you, no?" Blair asked, offering him a glass, which he took, nodding. "Well, lovely chat, but I've got a brother to disappoint. Excuse me." Blair said, watching Blaine walk in. She walked over to him with a smile.

"Blaine. Stefan, Damon, how lovely to see you joining the festivities, having fun for once." Blair said to the Salvatores.

"Hm. If only we could say the same, Blair." Blair smiled at his joke.

"You-" Before she could finish, Elijah speaks up.

"Uh, if everyone could gather, please." All the Originals stood on the staircase as Elijah spoke to the company. Esther walked down the staircase from upstairs. "Welcome, thank you for joining us. You know, whenever my mother brings our family together like this, it's tradition for us to commence the evening with a dance. Tonight's pick is a centuries-old waltz, so if all of you could please find yourselves a partner, please join us in the ballroom."