The Road(26)

Walking around the classroom Izuku waited for Todoroki to appear. It had been 10 minutes and there was no sign of him. His heart ached for him since the hospital. He wanted to show him that he was fine and that everything is just gonna get better from here on out. Even if Izuku doubted that himself he wanted to get better, he thought if he said it enough, he'd believe it. A few moments later,  Todoroki came running into the classroom. When their gazes met they ran to each other.  Embracing each other in a hug. No one noticed though. 

"How are you Izuku?" Todoroki asked in a quiet voice.

"I'm okay, getting better. I missed you" 

"I missed you more. How is everything? Your injuries?" 

"Everything is fine. My cuts are healing well. I'm on one medication now and it doesn't seem that horrible."

"That's good." Todoroki said, letting izuku go so that they can sit and talk.

"Oh, I didn't even realize Todoroki was here now." Uraraka said. Causing the whole class to look over at the two. Then getting back to their conversations.

"Hey, you don't have anything on you, right?" Todoroki asked 

"No, I don't."

"Good. I want to keep you safe. I want to make sure you're happy. I want to protect you. "

"I know you do Todo. And I love that." Todoroki kissed Izuku. Izuku seemed happy. He seemed very happy. Throughout the day Izuku talked to many teachers who were worried for him while he was out. Including All Might. Everything was going in the right way. Everything was becoming perfect again. At least through others eyes. Izuku hated when he was at the hospital. It was the coldest most unloving place he'd ever been in. He vowed to himself that he'd never go back there. A couple of months pass and everything was going so well. He Was wearing shorts since it was getting hotter. School was out for the summer. He was back in his own home. In his own bed. 

He had to have been feeling better. He acted as if everything was going fine but he was fighting himself. His own thoughts. Though everything he had been through was horrible and he wanted to get better his own mind contradicted him in everything he wanted to do. getting better was easier said than done. He wanted for his scars to heal. So he could have a normal life and not have people wonder what's on his arms on his legs. It's hard. He wanted to get better. He wanted it more than life itself. He wanted to be able to say he overcame everything. But it was hard. So when he got the urge to cut. He would do a small, small cut on his ankles. They were easy to cover. And it would slowly ease him out of the habit. some of the cuts were still very noticeable. Pretty scary too. And so he would wear long sleeve t-shirts. 

Sooner than he would've liked school was gonna be starting back up. A new class. New people. But Aizawa was gonna stay with him. He was moving up with the kids he taught each year. To protect Izuku too. He hadn't talked to anyone from school much other than Todoroki all summer. But for some reason this year felt different. Walking into the school gates, he didn't get the wave of anxiety he would've had any other year. It felt strange, but he enjoyed it. Looking for class 2-A was Easier than expected.  He walked into class, looked around and saw a few familiar faces.

"Hey Kacchan" Izuku said as he came up behind Katsuki who was talking to some new classmates. 

"Hey, Izuku! How was summer?"

"It was good Kacchan, We never got to go get that gelato I was telling you about though. kinda sucks"

"Yea I really wanted to try that, you always hype it up so much I wanted to try it. Whatever we can go sometime after school. Sound good?"

"Yea it do-"

"Okay, who the hell is this kid. He's talking like you two were childhood friends. He's way too comfortable. He shouldn't be, he's a fucking nerd." One of the students Katsuki was originally talking to piped out

"Hey don't talk to him tha-"Katsuki was interrupted 

"Ya know I'm comfortable because we are childhood friends. Didn't think it was that unimaginable." Izuku said. With strange confidence he never had

"Okay kid you're way too cocky for me" The kid stood up in a chance to scare Izuku.

"Oh, that's a shame, isn't it. Too bad. I don't care. I've had enough people like you tell me how to live my life and now I don't care. You can try to push me to the ground but don't worry I'll pop right back up"

"LISTEN HERE YOU-"

"Quiet down class. Get in your seats. My name Is Aizawa I will be your homeroom and hero course teacher this year if you have any complaints I do not care. Remember this Is my classroom I hold all authority if you have an issue with that I also do not care. Bullying of any kind is not tolerated in this classroom that is more of a villain trait than a hero's So I suggest being kind to each other. That is all I have to say for now. Please grab a computer we are going to start off class doing a project on the different type of heroes"

The day was good for the rest of the way. Aizawa was surprised at how Izuku was carrying himself compared to last year. Better posture, confident tone of voice. He was impressed.

Word count 940 words

Oh my god, guys, I'm back somehow. I'm going to try to update weekly if I cannot I'll post on my board. But I'm going to be posting on Fridays hopefully. I hope you all have a good day/Night 

Sinister, out