"And his personality?"

You pointed at the paper, "I wrote it too. His eyes shall see no one else but me, he shall be devoted and faithful to me enough to take no mistresses."

Bree scoffed, "Every king has a mistress."

"Mine will not have any." You said and took a look at the last lines, "He shall be very brave, never bore me and he shall take me far, far away to a beautiful country." You twirled around yourself three times and Bree set the paper on fire, before you stepped on it to stomp the fire out, then turned to her with a smile on your face,

"Now let's do yours."

"You dare to come into my kingdom, to my halls and poison my wife?!"

Oh God, why was everyone yelling?

"I'm a Viking like you Ivar, we don't poison people!"

"Oh so you show up, my queen gets poisoned and you expect me to believe it's a coincidence?"

"Ubbe, where's the physician-"

"Get the coal!"

"Stop yelling at him Ivar, we all know you did this!"

"Excuse me?!"

"Hvitserk, don't-"

"Do you seriously think I'd believe you wouldn't poison your wife after what you've done to Sigurd?!"

"Did anyone question her servant?"

"Gala? Of course you want to blame her, Bjorn-"

"How about we go find your whore and ask him, Ivar?"

"Ubbe, hush-"

"What whore?"

"Where's the physician?!"

"Everybody, stop!" Torvi's voice was like a whip, "If you-"

"Ivar!"

There was a noise of crash before the silence washed over you and when the voices came back, you were still unable to open your eyes, but you could feel the scratchy, terrible taste in your throat as somebody pulled the cup away from your lips.

Coal.

Oh this was going to hurt so bad.

"I'm going to kill everybody in that Great Hall-"

"Ivar, think clear-" Whose voice was that? Bjorn's? "Nobody left there-"

"Yes, and they will not leave until the last of them is dead!"

"They can be questioned, all of them."

"What do I care about questioning them!?"

"Are you going to kill your own people just because they were present at-"

You could hear the faint voice of a falcon at the window- why was there a falcon at the window?

"My Queen?" Another voice reached out to you as you tried to open your eyes but they were too heavy, and you felt gentle hands on your stomach before you felt a sudden pressure on your stomach. The pain hit you so fast that your body jerked up in the bed, your stomach making a flip before strong hands grabbed your shoulders and you gasped, then grabbed the side of the bed as first wave of nausea hit you.

And you managed to open your eyes as the pain spread through your body, making you wince. You gasped, trying to pull yourself up in the bed but doubled up from the pain as the hands stopped you again.