A horrible feeling

Peter was awoken late that night - or early that morning - to Edmund mumbling in his sleep.
Glancing down at his brother he saw tears making their way slowly down his cheeks, a frown on his face as he tossed his head back and forth.
"Ed?" Peter said quickly, shaking his brothers shoudlers gently.
Edmund seemed to frown even more at this. "Peter?" He choked. "No, no she'll kill you."
Peter sighed sadly. "Ed it's just a dream." He muttered softly. "I'm right here. She's can't hurt me, she's dead remember? Come on Edmund, please wake up."
It took a while but eventually Edmund calmed down and opened his eyes, his breathing heavy as his arm instinctively tightened around his brothers waist.
"Ed?" Peter asked gently, running a hand through Edmund's slightly sweaty hair.
Edmund swallowed hard and looked up at him. "You stayed." He choked, looking confused.
Peter glanced over at the empty bed across the room before looking back to his brother. "Course I did." He mumbled, keeping his voice quiet. "You okay?" He asked when Edmund didn't say anything else.
"Yeah." Edmund breathed, relaxing completely into Peter's arms.
"Bad dream?" Peter asked, his arm tightening around Edmund's shoulders.
Edmund nodded, his eyes closing slowly.
"You wanna talk about it?" Peter said hesitantly.
Edmund opened his eyes again and sighed. "Not really." He whispered. "It was just - her."
Peter nodded. "I know." He whispered, placing a kiss to the top of his brothers head, taking a deep breath. "How you feeling?"
"Still sick." Edmund whispered. "And in pain."
Peter sighed sadly. "Get back to sleep." He whispered. "It might help."
Edmund nodded and with a sigh closed his eyes again. "Night." He mumbled.
Peter smiled sadly. "Night Ed."

☆☆☆

- Three days later -

"Edmund?" Peter said quietly as he sat on the edge of his brothers bed, already dressed. "Ed wake up."
Edmund groaned slightly as his eyes flickered open. "What?" He mumbled.
"First day of lessons." Peter told him. "Breakfast is in ten minutes."
Edmund sighed but sat up, running a hand through his hair as he forced his eyes to stay open.
"Ed?" Peter asked hesitantly.
"Hmm?" Edmund replied, rubbing his eyes.
"Look, if you're really not feeling up to lessons I'm sure I can have a word with your teachers?" Peter suggested.
Edmund clearly hesitated but in the end shook his head. "I'm fine." He sighed.
"You sure?" Peter asked as Edmund climbed out of bed.
"I'm sure." He replied, reaching for his uniform as Peter sighed sadly.

☆☆☆

Peter swallowed hard as he headed for his next lesson, his bag hanging from his shoulder as he stared out of the windows.
He didn't know why but he had a horrible feeling, like something had happened... he just hoped it wasn't anything to do with Edmund.
He continued walking, at a slow pace seeming as he had ten minutes before his lesson started.
H

e stopped dead though when someone ran up to him, and Peter recognised it as one of Edmund's friends.
"Peter?" He asked as he came to a stop in front of the older boy.
"Yeah?" Peter asked, his heart starting to pound.
"Um, well, we were doing cross country and-"
"You were doing cross country!" Peter exclaimed, getting a nod from the boy. "Ed?"
"Yeah, he sort of collapsed." The boy told him.
"Did he pass out?" Peter asked, already making his way through the school towards the nearest door that led out onto the field.
"I don't think so." Was the answer. "He just collapsed."
Peter sighed sadly as he stepped outside, catching sight of a group of boys, all crowded around something... or someone.
Running over he pushed past them all, finding Edmund sat on the floor, taking deep breaths, the teacher beside him.
"Ed?" He asked quickly as he knelt in front of his brother.
Edmund looked up at him and sighed slightly. "Why are you here?" He asked, still trying to catch his breath.
"Well, I got the news that you'd collapsed." Peter said, raising an eyebrow. "I wasn't just going to carry on with my day was I?"
Edmund took another few deep breaths. "You don't have to be here." He said.
Peter shook his head in amusement. "Come on." He said. "We'll get you upstairs."
"I think we should probably take him to a doctor Peter." The teacher said.
Peter quickly shook his head. "No no." He said. "Its alright, Edmund's just been feeling out of sorts for a couple -" He paused, swallowing hard. "Days. He just needs to rest."
The teacher nodded slowly. "Okay." He said. "But if he gets any worse you're to take him alright?"
Peter nodded. "Of course." He said, before helping Edmund gently to his feet.
Edmund gripped Peter's elbow to stay upright, taking more deep breaths. "You okay?" Peter asked.
"Yeah." Edmund breathed. "Let's just go."
Peter nodded and grabbed Edmund's blazer, wrapping it around his brothers shoulders before the two headed back into the school and up to their room, where once there Peter sat Edmund gently down on the bed. "What happened?" He asked, sitting beside him.
Edmund sighed. "I just - pushed myself too much I think." He explained. "I obviously haven't recovered enough to run that far or for that long."
"You're telling me." Peter muttered, before he sighed.
"When's your next lesson?" Edmund asked.
Peter glanced at the clock. "I'd say... thirty seconds." He said with an amused grin.
Edmund's face fell. "I'm so sorry." He said quickly. "You're gonna get in trouble for being late."
Peter shook his head. "I won't if I explain what happened." He reassured him. "Are you gonna stay here?"
Edmund shrugged.
"I think you should." Peter sighed. "Just rest for a bit."
"Isn't that all I've been doing for the past three days." Edmund said, attempting a laugh.
Peter sighed. "Come on." He said. "Just either read something or get some sleep."
Edmund nodded and made no protest as Peter helped him slip out of his blazer, before forcing him gently under the covers.
"You sure you'll be alright?" Peter asked as Edmund grabbed the book on his bedside table.
"I'll be fine." Edmund replied. "Now quickly, go."
Peter smiled softly before leaving the room, having a strong feeling that when he returned Edmund would be fast asleep.

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡
🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🤧🤧🤧🤧😭😭🥰🥰🥰