Relief

Peter swung around to face his brother, his eyes full of hope as he twisted from Susan's arms.
He stared at Edmund, his eyes wide as he watched him, hoping beyond hope that Caspian had been right.
He could never, ever explain the pure and utter relief he felt when he saw Edmund's chest rise and fall slowly and slightly. "He - He's alive!" He choked, shuffling forward and once again placing his hand flat against Edmund's cheek. "Come on Eddy." He whispered. "Wake up. Come on, open your eyes."
He waited for a little while before Edmund seemed to frown, before he groaned slightly, letting a few weak coughs - but his eyes stayed shut.
"Eddy?" Peter whispered, tears still rolling down his cheeks as his heart pounded. "Come on, open your eyes."
Edmund's frown got deeper before his eyes flickered open half way, letting out another small cough as they did.
Peter let out something between a laugh and a sob, stroking his thumb against his brothers cheek. "Hey." He whispered. 
Edmund stared at him for a long while, before a weak smile made it's way onto his face. "H-Hey." He choked.
Peter at once removed his hand from his brothers face and grabbed him gently by the shoulders, pulling him up and pulling him close, his breathing uneven in Edmund's ear.
Edmund swallowed hard - biting back a groan as pain shot through his whole body - and wrapped his arms around his older brother, burying his face against his neck.
Peter held Edmund as gently as he could, so gently in fact that Edmund wondered if Peter thought he'd break if he squeezed any tighter.
But as Peter slowly began to tremble, his grip got tighter and his breathing got heavier and more uneven.
"Peter?" Edmund choked from where he still had his face buried against Peter's neck.
Peter let out another sob/laugh, taking another deep, shaky breath. "Dont you ever scare me like that again." He joked, unable to stop the tears.
Edmund smiled lightly. "I won't." He mumbled, tightening his grip around his brother.
The next second both Susan and Lucy had their arms wrapped around their brothers, Lucy burying her face against Edmund's shoulder.
Peter swallowed hard, only now realising just how much Edmund was trembling, and without a word gently pushed his sisters away, pulling away from Edmund even if he still kept tight grip on his arms. "You alright?" His asked, his voice shaking.
Edmund hesitated. "Not exactly." He mumbled softly. But then he frowned. "We're at the How." He said, sounding shocked.
Peter nodded. "You remember I told you that just before you - you passed out?" He said slowly.
Edmund frowned for a little longer before he nodded a little. "Oh yeah." He whispered.
Peter stared at him for a long while before he once again found his hand against his brothers cheek.
"Pete are you alright?" Edmund asked, sighing slowly.
Peter swallowed hard. "I'm fine." He whispered.
Susan frowned. "No you're not." She said simply.
Peter glanced over at her before shaking his head and turning back to Edmund, almost immediately grabbing him gently and pulling him into his lap, one arm wrapped tightly around his shoulders as the other hand steered his head to rest against his chest.
Edmund bit the inside of his lip against the pain, knowing that Peter needed this.
Peter held Edmund tightly, close against his chest, his face buried against his hair, taking deep breaths to try and calm himself.
After a while it was clear that Peter wasn't going to calm down any time soon, so Edmund gently grabbed his hand and placed it flat against his chest, oved his heart. "Feel that?" He asked.
Peter stared down at him and nodded slowly, swallowing hard as he felt the dull thud against his palm.
"I'm alive Peter." Edmund whispered. "Alright?"
Peter nodded again, taking a deep breath. "Yeah." Was all he mumbled before resting his cheek on the top of Edmund's head, keeping his hand flat against his brothers chest, letting his steady heart beat slowly calm him. 
After a long while he took a deep breath and glanced down at his brother. "What do you say we get you into bed?" He asked gently.
Edmund smiled and nodded his head, a wave of tiredness all of a sudden washing over him, his eyes drooping slightly. "Sounds good to me." He mumbled.
Peter smiled back and gently pushed Edmund off his lap before standing, helping Edmund stand beside him.
Edmund swayed slightly, groaning as he squeezed his eyes shut, leaning against Peter.
"You okay?" Peter asked quickly, seeing Susan, Lucy, Caspian and Aslan stand behind them.
Edmund took a deep breath and opened his eyes, shrugging just slightly. "It still hurts." He sighed. "Like, really hurts."
Peter sighed too. "You just need plenty of rest." He said firmly. "And trust me - that's what you're gonna get."
Edmund, despite everything, managed a small chuckle. "You'd tie me to my bed if you had to." He muttered.
Peter grinned. "You bet." He said. "But by the looks of it, you're not gonna want to get out of bed for a little while yet."
"I think you're right." Edmund replied, before his smile slipped.
"Ed?" Peter questioned, sounding worried.
Edmund did nothing for a long while before he doubled over and threw up onto the floor, gripping his stomach.
Peter heard Lucy gasp and just saw Susan's eyes go wide as he bent over with Edmund and rubbed a hand up and down his back. "Okay." Peter whispered, voice tight as he gripped Edmund's shoudler with his other hand. "It's okay."
Once finished Edmund stood up straight, only to collapse against Peter, but luckily not passing out.
"Is he okay?" Lucy asked worridley.
"Ed?" Peter asked, wrapping his arms around his brother and holding him up.
Edmund swallowed hard, his eyes half closed as he hesitantly nodded.
Peter sighed and looked back up at Lucy. "Its alright Lu." He sighed, also glancing at the others. "Just the side effect of being - being stabbed multiple times a day."
Lucy took a deep breath but remained calm, nodding her head slowly.
Peter nodded back before looking down at Edmund. "Come on Ed." He whispered. "Let's get you to bed."

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆
🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥰🥰🥰🤧🤧🤧🤧🤧😭😭😭
Okay, last post for a week cause I'm going away!!
And when I get back I'll probably publish my new book 'even a traitor may mend' 🤞🤞