We need to leave... now

Peter froze completely, his eyes filling with tears as Edmund's head fell against his shoulder and he started gasping for air.
"Peter!" Susan exclaimed, snapping her older brother out of it.
Peter swallowed hard and, taking a deep breath layed Edmund across his knees, at once feeling blood soak through his trousers.
Lucy quickly crawled over, her cordial already open in her hand, and poured one drop into her brothers mouth.
Peter held his breath as Edmund stopped breathing, only letting out a sigh when he coughed slightly.
Peter waited until his eyes were open before gently pulling him upright again. Edmund groaned in pain, his eyes squeezing shut as he buried his face against Peter's chest, taking deep breaths.
"It's okay." Peter whispered as he wrapped his arms around his brother. "I've got you."
Edmund swallowed hard, looking dazed and confused. "I - I can't do that again." He almost sobbed. "Please - Stop the curse."
"Ed we will." Peter sighed. "But we have to get to the witches castle and back first."
"No." Edmund choked, tears rolling down his cheeks. "I - I don't want to go back there."
"I don't think you have a choice." Susan sighed, placing a hand gently on her younger brothers shoulder.
Edmund slowly shook his head, but said nothing in reply.
Peter stared down at him as he continued to shake his head, his heart breaking for him, he couldn't bare seeing his brother like this. "How about-" He choked, taking a deep breath. "We get you cleaned up, get ready and then leave tomorrow?"
Edmund froze in Peter's arms, gripping Peter's tunic so hard that his knuckles started going white. He shook his head again, his breathing starting to get heavier and quicker.
"Hey shhh." Peter soothed. "Come on, the quicker we get the flower the quicker this will all end."
"I - I want it to end now." Edmund choked.
"I know you do Eddy." Peter said, taking a deep breath. "I do too."
Aslan sighed sadly and walked over to Edmund, catching his attention. "This will end Edmund I can promise you that." He said softly, staring into Edmund's eyes. "You just have to be brave and endure until you get back."
Edmund swallowed hard, staring at the lion. In the end he slowly nodded his head, wiping a tear from his cheek. "Okay." He whispered so quietly that barely anyone heard it.
Peter smiled gently and placed a kiss to the top of his brothers head. "I know you can do it Ed." He whispered against his hair. "You're brave and you're strong, and if you can't do this then I don't know who can."
Edmund managed the tiniest of smiles before resting his head back against Peter's chest, taking a deep breath as he did. "Thanks." He whispered.

☆☆☆

"Alright?" Peter asked as he helped Edmund slip into a clean tunic.
Edmund flinched slightly but nodded. "Yeah." He breathed. "I - I'm sorry about earlier by the way."
Peter sighed sadly. "It's alright Ed." He said. "You don't need to apologise."
Edmund nodded a little. "I just guess I - freaked out?" He mumbled. "It just got a bit too much."
Peter nodded back. "I understand Ed." He sighed, his hand now on Edmund's shoulder. "It's alright."
Edmund took a deep breath, nodding slowly. "You said, we were leaving tomorrow?" He choked.
Peter nodded but then his eyes went wide.
"What?" Edmund asked, looking rather worried.
Peter swallowed hard. "We need to leave, now." He said quickly.
"Why?" Edmund asked in shock.
"Ed, you are going to die in one week!" Peter exclaimed, standing from the chair he'd been sat in. "We can't waste any time."
Edmund flinched slightly when Peter said 'die' and took a deep breath. "You're right." He whispered.
Peter nodded and grabbed Edmund's hand, pulling him to his feet. "Come on." He said quickly, leading Edmund from the room in search of his sisters and Aslan.
They soon found them, and Caspain, and Susan frowned at the panicked look on Peter's face. "What's wrong?" She asked.
"We need to leave now." Peter said hastily, stopping in front of the others, Edmund stopping too, taking deep breaths.
"Why?" Lucy said. "I thought you said you were leaving tomorrow."
Peter shook his head. "We can't waste any time Lu." He choked. "Edmund's gonna die in a week."
Lucy's eyes went slightly wider before she nodded. "Then you need to leave." She said, her voice shaking.
Peter nodded. "We - We need your cordial." He said.
Lucy nodded and immediately handed it to her brother.
"I'll go pack you some food and water." Susan said quickly before dashing off, Caspian running after her.
Peter took a deep breath and turned to Edmund, who was staring at him. "You alright?" He asked.
Edmund nodded. "I think so." He mumbled.
"Can't - Can't I come too?" Lucy asked slowly.
Peter sighed. "No Lu." He mumbled softly. "It might be dangerous. Stay here with Susan, Caspian and Aslan alright?"
Lucy sighed but nodded anyway.
"We'll be back before you know it Lu." Peter reassured her.
Lucy nodded again and managed a small smile for her brothers.
They waited for a little while longer before Susan and Caspian came running back with two bags.
Susan handed them to Peter. "There should be enough in there for a week." She said with a forced smile.
"Thanks Susan." Peter smiled. "Got your sword Ed?" He asked his brother.
Edmund nodded in reply, taking another deep breath.
Peter smiled a little and couldn't help but notice that Edmund also had the dagger he made for him attached to his belt, and his smile widened, if only a little bit.
"Promise you'll come back?" Lucy mumbled, staring up at Edmund.
Edmund just stared at her, his eyes filling with tears. "I-"
"Of course we'll come back Lucy." Peter quickly cut him off. "We both will."
Lucy hesitantly nodded, before wrapping her arms around Edmund's waist. "Love you." She whispered.
Edmund hugged her back tightly. "Love you too Lu." He choked.
Susan then wrapped her arms around them both.
"Love you both." Edmund mumbled.
Peter swallowed hard as they pulled away, turning to Aslan.
"You'll find the flower somewhere in the witches castle." He explained. "Edmund has to pick it. Bring it back here and I'll be able to stop the curse."
Peter nodded slowly. "We will." He said firmly, placing a hand on Edmund's shoulder.
"Bye." Lucy mumbled, leaning against her sister.
"See you next week." Susan said, nodding slightly.
"Bye." Caspian mumbled, giving Edmund a reassuring nod.
Peter took a deep breath and after a few more moments turned and walked down the corridor, Edmund walking beside him.

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡
🤧🤧🤧😳😳🤧🤧🤧🤧😭😭😭