On the train

- The next day -
It started out as a feeling

Which then grew into a hope
Which then turned into a quiet thought

Which then turned into a quiet word
And then that word grew louder and louder
'

Til it was a battle cry

I'll come back
When you call me
No need to say goodbye
Just because everything's changing
D

oesn't mean it's never been this way before
All you can do is try to know who your friends are
As you head off to the war

Pick a star on the dark horizon
A

nd follow the light

You'll come back when it's over
No need to say goodbye
You'll come back when it's over
N

o need to say goodbye

Now we're back to the beginning
I

t's just a feeling and no one knows yet

But just because they can't feel it too
Doesn't mean that you have to forget
Let your memories grow stronger and stronger
'

Til they're before your eyes

You'll come back
When they call you
No need to say goodbye
You'll come back
W

hen they call you

No need to say goodbye

☆☆☆

Peter sighed sadly as he stood on the train platform, glancing to his side at Edmund, who looked slightly confused but more upset.
Reaching over Peter placed a hand gently on his arm, giving him a questioning look.
Edmund looked up at him a gave him a weak smile, nodding his head a little.
Peter smiled back, nodding his head too before turning to the train which had now pulled into the station.
"Aren't you coming Philis?"
Peter frowned as he stared at the boy who was boarding the train, and following his gaze to Susan frowned even more. Philis?
Susan sighed and grabbed her suitcase, heading for the train.
Peter, still frowning, did the same, waiting for Edmund before following his sister onto the train, Lucy hurrying up behind them.
"You don't think there's anyway we could get back do you?" Edmund asked.
Peter frowned again, but still felt a tug at his heart at the weakness in his voice.
At the questioning looks from his siblings Edmund looked up at them, smiling slightly. "I've left my new torch in Narnia!" He exclaimed.
Susan and Lucy both laughed, Peter grinning at his brother as the doors slid shut.
When the train began moving Peter led his siblings down the train and into a free compartment, pulling Edmund down to sit beside him as Susan and Lucy sat opposite.
Edmund dropped his suitcase at his feet and rested his head on Peter's shoulder, taking a deep breath.
Peter sighed sadly, glancing down at his brother and wrapping his arm around his shoulders. "You alright?" He asked, hearing Lucy sigh sadly.
Edmund shrugged. "I guess." He mumbled. "Just tired."
Peter opened his mouth to say that he knew Edmund wasn't just tired, but Susan shook her head slowly, biting her lip as she did.
Peter sighed but didn't say anything, tightening his grip around his brother and placing a light kiss to the top of his head.
Edmund smiled gently as his eyes slowly slid shut, and within ten minutes was fast asleep.
"He's exhausted." Lucy whispered sadly, staring at her brother.
Peter sighed sadly. "He's still recovering Lu." He said. "He should be fine within a week."
"Winter's on it's way though." Susan mumbled.
"It's only September." Peter whispered, but he knew Susan was right, by December, he knew Edmund would be waking up every night from terrifying nightmares about Jadis.
They sat in silence for a long while before the train began to slow.
"This is our stop Lucy." Susan said gently as she stood and grabbed her suitcase, handing Lucy's to her.
"Bye." Lucy said as she hugged Peter tightly.
"Goodbye Lucy." Peter said with a smile, wrapping one arm around his sister, his other arm still around Edmund.
"Shall we wake him?" Susan asked hesitantly, glancing at Edmund.
Peter sighed. "No." He mumbled. "Let him sleep."
"He'll be rather annoyed that he didn't get to say goodbye." Susan sighed as the train drew to a stop.
"He needs the sleep." Peter said. "I'm just glad we don't have lessons for a few days, he would definitely not be able to handle it."
Susan nodded in agreement. "Alright." She said. "Well, tell him we said goodbye."
"I will." Peter said with a small smile. "See ya."
"Bye." Susan replied as she and Lucy left the compartment.
Peter sighed and glanced at his brother, who was still fast asleep, head limp against Peter's chest.
The fact that Edmund was still rather weak from blood loss and exhaustion made Peter's heart break, and he knew that the nightmares wouldn't be going away anytime soon.
The one he'd had last night at Caspian's castle was absolutely terrifying.

Peter's eyes snapped open when an ear piercing scream filled his ears, and looking to the side saw Edmund pulling against his arms - which were wrapped tightly around his waist - and screaming, tears rolling quickly down his cheeks.
As fast as he could Peter sat up and started shaking his brothers shoulders. "Ed!" He shouted, trying to be heard over Edmund's cries. "Edmund wake up! It's okay! It's just a dream!"
This continued for maybe ten minutes before Peter finaly succeeded in waking his brother up. Edmund say bolt upright in bed, screaming Peter's name as he did, very soon gasping for air.
"It's okay." Peter whispered. "It was just a dream. I'm here, it's me, Peter."
Edmund swallowed hard and, after getting his breath back, swallowed hard. "Pete?" He choked.
Peter nodded. "Yeah." He whispered. "It's me."
And two seconds later, Edmund flew into Peter's arms, bursting into tears.

Swallowing hard Peter forced the memory from his mind, tightening his grip around Edmund's shoudlers.
He'd have to wake him up soon, seeming as the next stop was theirs, but for the next ten minutes he'd let him sleep.
He needed it.

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡
🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🤧🤧🤧🤧🤧🤧😭😭😭😭