I want it to end

"Pete, it's getting late." Edmund choked, stumbling along beside his brother, Peter's arm wrapped tightly around his waist to keep him standing. "Can we please stop for the night?"
Peter took a deep breath. "Yeah alright." He breathed eventually, feeling exhausted himself.
Edmund nodded and slipped from Peter's grip, sitting down and leaning back against a tree, taking deep breaths as his hand fisted in the dirt of the floor.
"You alright?" Peter asked, sitting beside him, leaning against the tree too.
Edmund looked over at him a shrugged slightly. "Suppose." He whispered.
But Peter could see the tears in his brown eyes, and it caused him to sigh sadly. Without a word he wrapped an arm around Edmund's shoulders, pulling him close so that his head lay against his chest.
Edmund swallowed hard, his eyes closing as his arm wrapped around Peter's waist.
"Get some sleep." Peter whispered, running a hand through Edmund's hair comfortingly.
"Don't you need to make a fire?" Edmund mumbled, already half asleep.
"I will." Peter replied simply, watching his brother until his head fell limp against his chest and his breathing evened out.
Sighing slightly to himself Peter slowly sat up, bringing Edmund with him and being extremely careful not to wake him.
With a little struggle Peter managed to stand, lifting Edmund into his arms.
Edmund mumbled something in his sleep as he head fell against Peter's shoulder, but luckily didn't wake.
Peter sighed sadly and continued walking. Tomorrow they would have only two days to get back to the How, and he didn't know how far away they were, so found himself unable to stop.
Walking through the woods in the pitch black with your fifteen year old brother in your arms though wasn't exactly easy, and he almost tripped and fell more than a few times.
It was probably getting to around midnight when Peter stepped on a stick, causing it to snap loudly under his foot.
The second it did Edmund's eyes snapped open, and he looked completely startled to see Peter's face above him, and looked extremely confused when he realised he was being carried. "What?" He whispered.
Peter sighed but didn't stop walking, even though he was really struggling to keep Edmund in his arms, seeming as they were going dead. He didn't answer his brothers question which caused Edmund to frown even more. "Peter what are you doing?" He asked.
"I'm carrying you Ed." Peter said simply, stepping over a tree root.
"I thought we were stopping for the night?" Edmund said slowly.
"We only have two more days now." Peter said, his voice tight. "And I have no idea how close we are to the How."
They fell into silence for a long while before Edmund finaly spoke. "Peter put me down." He said.
"Ed-" Peter said warily, not looking at all sure.
But Edmund cut him off. "Just because it's pitch black doesn't mean I can't see the look on your face." He said.
"And what would that look be?" Peter questioned, taking deep breath and shifting Edmund slightly.
Edmund sighed. "You're really struggling!" He said. "You look like a tomato!"
"Gee thanks Ed." Peter said, attempting a smirk.
Edmund huffed. "Seriously Pete please put me down!"
Peter stared down at him, thinking.
He was about to nod when Edmund's eyes slammed shut and he curled in on himself, falling from Peter's arms to the floor.
Swearing under his breath Peter fell to his knees beside his now gasping brother, already reaching for the cordial.
Just like every other time Peter didn't breath until Edmund had been healed and was sat up gently against the nearest tree, taking deep breath as he tried to calm himself.
"Ed?" Peter questioned hesitantly, sitting in front of his brother.
Edmund let out a sob, squeezing his eyes shut and shaking his head back and forth.
"Edmund?" Peter asked again, getting worried.
"Please." Edmund choked, still shaking his head.
Peter frowned. "Please what?" He said slowly, reaching over and placing a hand on Edmund's shoulder.
Edmund let out another sob. "Make it end." He cried.
Peter's heart broke and he immediately shuffled over, sitting beside Edmund and pulling him into a hug. "It's gonna be fine." He whispered in his ear. "You're alright. You're fine."
"No!" Edmund suddenly exclaimed, pulling sharply away from his brother. "I'm not fine! And none of this is okay."
Peter stared at his brother, a look of mild shock on his face.
"I can't do it anymore!" Edmund shouted, his breathing heavy. "I can't! It's not fair! Why is it always me! Why!"
Peter swallowed hard, tears in his eyes which he quickly forced back, knowing it would not help Edmund to see him crying.
"I've had enough! I want it to end!" Edmund said, sobbing at this point. "It hurts so much! It's agony! I want the pain to end!"
"Ed I know." Peter quickly jumped in. "And it will."
Edmund shook his head. "I want it to end now!" He exclaimed. "I've had enough! I want it to end! I-" He stopped mid sentence though when he doubled over and threw up harshly onto the floor, sobbing so much it was hard to breath properly.
Peter's heart broke and he immediately placed a hand on Edmund's shoulder, using his other hand to rub gentle circles on his back until he finished.
Edmund just sat there, doubled over, eyes squeezed shut and taking deep breaths.
In the end Peter had to grab him gently by the shoulders and gather him into his arms, holding him carefully against his chest.
Edmund just continued to cry as he buried his face against Peter's shoulder, just whispering the word 'please' over and over again until he finaly passed out.
Peter swallowed hard, now letting the tears fall. "It will end Eddy." He whispered to his unconscious brother. "It won't end now, but it will eventually, in two days, I promise."

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆
😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭🤧🤧🤧🤧🤧🤧💔💔💔