Safe... for now

Lucy ran over to Aslan, flinging her arms around his neck and hugging him as tightly as she could. "Thank you." She choked.
Aslan smiled gently at her. "You're welcome, dear one." He said softly.
Peter still had Edmund held tightly in his arms, but loosened his grip when Edmund eventually managed to let out a whimper.
"Ed?" Peter choked, glancing down at him and carefully untieing the gag in his brothers mouth.
Edmund took a deep breath and glanced up at Peter, his eyes half closed. "I-" Was all he managed to choke before shaking his head the tiniest bit and falling silent again.
Peter swallowed hard as Susan and Caspian joined him on the stone table.
Peter then sighed and tried to untie the rope around Edmund's wrists, but the knots were so tight that he found it impossible. "Lu?" He asked.
Lucy looked over from where she was still stood with Aslan. "Yeah?" She asked.
"Can I borrow your dagger?" Peter asked, swallowing hard.
Lucy nodded and ran over, sitting beside Susan and handing Peter her dagger.
Peter went to cut the ropes binding Edmund's wrists but stopped when Edmund flinched harshly, moving his hands away as quickly as he could.
"Ed." Peter sighed. "I'm not gonna hurt you. I need to cut the ropes."
Edmund's breathing got heavier as he stared at the dagger in Peter's hand, but did nothing at all.
Peter took a deep breath and moved the dagger forward again, but gasped when Edmund tried to get away.
"Ed." Peter said quickly, dropping the dagger and gripping Edmund's shoulders. "Ed it's okay. I won't hurt you. Come on, it's me."
But Edmund didn't listen and just kept trying to get away, groaning in pain every time he moved.
Peter held his brother securely in his arms. "Ed please, you're gonna hurt yourself." He sighed.
Edmund struggled for another twenty seconds before collapsing against Peter, having no more strength to move.
Peter swallowed hard and reached for the dagger again. He watched as Edmund's eyes went wide, and his heart broke.
But when Peter carefully cut the rope and it fell to the table, Edmund relaxed before glancing up at Peter in almost shock. "It's okay." Peter whispered. "It's me."
Edmund didn't do anything expect rub his wrists, flinching though when he did.
Peter swallowed hard as he began to see the actual extent of Edmund's injuries. He still had the cut going across the side of his neck, and the gash on the side of his head. The cut on his lip had scabbed over but still looked rather painful. His back was covered in whip lashes and the right side of his face was covered in an ugly, dark black bruise.
Swallowing hard Peter glanced up at Lucy. "Cordial." Was all he mumbled.
Lucy nodded slowly and reached for her cordial, holding it carefully and undoing the top.
"Ed." Peter said softly. "Ed, open your mouth."
Edmund did as he was told, and Peter's heart broke at the desperation in his eyes.
Lucy leaned forward and let one drop of her cordial fall into Edmund's mouth.
Peter held his breath as Edmund slowly relaxed, his eyes closing. The wound on his neck slowly closed over, followed by the ones on his head. Then the whip lashes faded, leaving only faint scars, and then the cut on his lip disappeared. Peter sighed when the bruise didn't fade, and realised that a bruise wasn't exactly an injury of the sort.
"Ed?" Peter questioned after a rather long while of silence.
Edmund managed a weak smile. "I'm 'kay." He whispered. "Just - tired."
Peter breathed a sigh of relief and hugged Edmund tightly. Edmund just buried his face against his brothers neck, not having the strength to wrap his arms around him.
Susan leaned over and placed a hand gently on Edmund's shoulder. "How about we get you into bed?" She suggested with a soft smile.
Edmund glanced at her before nodding. " 'kay." He choked, taking a deep breath.
"We'll get you something to eat and drink as well." Caspain said.
Edmund frowned. The very thought of food made him want to throw up... but at the same time, he was absolutely starving.
"Ed?" Peter asked worridley at seeing him frown.
"I'm alright." Edmund sighed.
Peter nodded slowly and helped him to sit up straight, gripping his shoulders for support.
Edmund gasped sharply and gripped his stomach when pain shot through it.
Peter's heart skipped a beat when he did this and glanced down at his stomach. When Edmund removed his hand Peter took a deep breath, staring at the swollen, bruised scar on his brothers stomach.
Taking another deep breath he quickly looked away. "Come on." He mumbled, tears in his eyes.
Together, they managed to get Edmund onto his feet and down from the stone table, seeming as he was too weak to stand.
"Lu?" Peter asked as he wrapped one of Edmund's arms around his shoulders. "Can you go ahead and get the hammock ready and stuff?"
Lucy nodded. "Sure." She smiled sadly.
Peter glanced at his brother, who was taking deep breaths. "And a bowl of water and a flannel." He added at seeing the blood that covered his brother.
Lucy nodded again before dashing off.
Peter sighed. "Come on Ed." He mumbled, seeing Susan take his other arm and wrap it around her shoulders.
Edmund nodded slightly, taking a deep breath as he was led from the room by his siblings, Caspain leading the way in front.
Peter sighed as he stared at Edmund. He was so weak, so pale, so tired, so thin, in so much pain... and it caused his heart to break. Seeing Edmund like this made him want to burst into tears.
But as they made their way back to their room, he couldn't help but feel grateful that Edmund was alive. And that he was safe... for now anyway.

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆
😭😭😭🤧🤧🤧🤧❤❤❤❤👏👏