I know it's hard

Peter ran as fast as he could down the icy steps, trying not to slip in a haste to reach his brother.
Falling to his knees beside Edmund he gave him a quick shake, hoping he'd wake up. But when he spotted a small pool of blood forming under his head, he knew that wasn't to be.
Knowing that Edmund had hit his head - and hard - Peter reached into the bag and grabbed Lucy's cordial, opening it with trembling hands.
Leaning forward a little he opened his brothers mouth and tipped the cordial, allowing one drop to fall into Edmund's mouth.
Sitting back on his knees he stared at Edmund, holding his breath as he waited.
He let out a relived sigh when the pool of blood stopper getting bigger and when Edmund let out a small sigh, his eyes beginning to open as he let out a groan.
"Ed?" He whispered gently when Edmund's eyes were open properly.
Edmund took a deep breath as his head practically fell to the side, looking at Peter. "What happened?" He asked, his voice raspy.
Peter sighed a little. "You passed out and then fell down the stairs." He mumbled, swallowing hard after.
Edmund frowned for a moment. "My head hurts." He groaned after a while as Peter helped him to sit up.
Peter sighed again, placing his hand on Edmund's back to keep him sitting. "You hit it really hard." He said slowly. "It-" He stopped dead when Edmund's eyes went wide, and following his gaze he saw the small pool of blood on the floor. "- Was a rather deep wound." He finished, moving to grip Edmund's shoulder tightly.
Edmund took a deep, shaky breath, tearing his eyes away from the blood and looking back up to Peter. "Sorry." He mumbled. "I probably gave you quite a fright."
Peter managed a small smile. "Too right." He joked. "I'm just glad the cordial woke you up, it's been known not to do that."
Edmund nodded slowly. "Are we gonna get out of here?" He asked after a long while. "I'm freezing!"
"Yeah." Peter breathed. "Let's go." He reached out his hand and pulled Edmund gently to his feet, causing him to groan quietly and place a hand to the back of his head.
"You alright?" Peter asked quickly.
Edmund swallowed hard. "No." He muttered, but started walking towards the courtyard anyway.
Peter sighed and followed on behind him, keeping a hand firmly on his shoulder so he didn't fall.
"Are you alright Ed?" Peter asked after a few moments, hearing Edmund's deep breathing.
Edmund sighed. "My head just hurts." He answered. "And obviously the wound does too, and I feel sick." Tears appeared in his eyes as he spoke, but he quickly blinked them away.
Peter swallowed hard. "You'll be alright." He mumbled, giving Edmund a reassuring nod and a small smile as they continued walking.
They'd just reached the archway though when Edmund doubled over, hands going to his stomach as he let out a sharp gasp.
Peter took a deep breath and caught him before he hit the floor, lowering him down and reaching back into the bag.
Bringing out the cordial he poured one drop into Edmund's open mouth, and just like everytime, Edmund relaxed for a while before letting out a few coughs and opening his eyes.
Peter stared at him as Edmund stared back. "You alright?" He asked again, looking beyond worried.
Edmund took a deep breath, looking relieved to be able to do so, before he slowly sat up, wincing as he did. He didn't answer Peter and instead just sat there, staring at the blood that had stained his tunic, tears in his eyes.
Peter sighed sadly. "Let's get out of here and into the woods," He mumbled. "And then I'll clean you up."
Edmund once again said nothing, he didn't even nod his head as Peter helped him to his feet and they left the castle.
Once in the woods Peter sat Edmund gently against a tree, reaching into his bag for a cloth and tunic.
"There's a small stream over there so I'll go wet the cloth." He said. "And then clean the tunics."
Edmund nodded and watched as he stood, walking over to the small stream before returning, the cloth now dripping wet.
Edmund swallowed hard and slipped his tunic over his head, gasping slightly at the pain.
Peter sighed as he knelt in front of Edmund, his heart breaking slowly. "Ready?" He asked.
Edmund hesitated but in the end nodded, taking a deep breath and resting his head back against the tree with a small sigh.
Peter bit his lip but began cleaning the wound, getting rid of all the blood before placing the cloth on the floor beside him. Looking up at his brother he saw tears slowly rolling down his cheeks. His breathing was heavy and in all honest it looked as though he were about to burst into tears any second.
Swallowing hard Peter moved over and sat beside his brother, wrapping an arm around his shoulders and pulling him close. "It's okay." He whispered. "You can cry, it's only me."
Edmund sniffed slightly as he buried his face against Peter's chest, slowly shaking his head.
Peter sighed, reaching up to lightly run his hand through Edmund's sweaty, blood filled hair, cringing slightly but trying not to show it.
He waited, whispering comfortingly in Edmund's ear, until the first sob escaped his brother.
He could feel Edmund clamp his mouth shut, and knew his eyes squeezed shut, but didn't say anything... he just waited.
Sure enough, after a few more seconds the next sob came, followed by another and another until he was properly crying.
Peter sighed a little as he continued whispering, playing gently with his hair and placing the occasional kiss to the top of his head. "I know Ed." He mumbled. "I know it's hard. But you're gonna be okay, I know you are. I know it hurts, but the pain won't last forever, I promise." Taking a deep breath he placed a gentle kiss to Edmund's cheek. "You're gonna be okay."

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆
🤧🤧🤧🤧🤧🤧🤧🤧🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺😭😭💔
Sorry for not updating in over a week! 🥺🙈