Sweet Cheese and Crackers.

Start from the beginning

"Shut up," Judy said, lightly punching the fox on the arm.

The four then went into Nick and Judy's room, laying on the bed. Judy held both Todd and Amber in her arms. Nick looked at the sight with a smile, wrapping his own arms around the three of them," Daddy, when is this storm gonna end?" Amber asked, looking into her father's eyes.

"That's hard to tell, sweetheart," Nick answered," Ypu know there is nothing to be afraid of, right?"

"But, if there is nothing to be afraid of, why is it so scary?"

Nick smiled to his daughter once more," Because fear is a rational thing to have when something seems scary. But dont worry, as long as me and mommy are here, you don't have to be afraid of anything. We will always be right here with you. Forever. Me and mommy aren't going anywhere. I promise you, we will protect from anything that comes to scare you."

Amber smiled and held her daddy," I'm not afraid anymore," Amber said.

"Well, just to be sure, you and Todd can stay in here with us," Judy said, kissing her daughter between the ears.

The four layed there together, in each others arms, as the storm raged on. Soon, they were all asleep.
###
(END OF FLASHBACK PRESENT TIME)

It was little moment that like that that Nick missed the most. The fox always thought about these little moments he never cherished, until they soon became a memory.
###
Judy walked into the house she shared with Jason, and saw her boyfriend in the kitchen. She walked in to join him," What ya doing?" Judy asked.

"Just making me a sandwich," he answered.

Judy smiled and said," I think I'll have one too."

The two sat together and ate their food, having some small talk here and there. Jason then looked at his phone," Well, I have to do. I have a job interview today."

Judy smiled," That's great. What's the job?"

"There is a restaurant downtown looking for help. I thought I'd see if I could get the position."

"Well, good lick," Judy said with a smile as she watched Jason leave the house. The buck drove his way onto the highway, and headed for his destination. He didnt have a job interview. He wasnt going to a restaurant. He wasnt even driving downtown. Jason had a secret stop to make.
###
Nick, Amber, and Todd were together in Nick's home, playing a board game. The fox had stopped letting her win years ago, but still, Amber always won. How was a mystery Nick could not solve.

The fox was taken out of the board game when a knock came to his door. The fox got up and walked to the door, seeing Finnick standing outside," What's up, Fin?"

"I uh...I just thought I would stop by and see how you were doin."

"You're aware I saw you at work not three hours ago."

"Well, yeah I guess that true. Look, you gonna let your bro inside or not?"

Nick shrugged and allowed his friend inside the house," The kids are in the living room playing a board game."

"Sounds fun," Finnick said," Amber still making ypu into the loser you are?"

"Always," Nick laughed," So, for real, what brings you to my home?"

Finnick looked down," I...I got nowhere else to go. I just got evicted "

Nick's eyes widened," I'm sorry to hear that. Look, my doors are open if you need a place to stay for a while."

"Are you sure?" Finnick asked.

"Of course I am," the fox chuckled.

Finnick nodded his head," Great. So, what board game are we playing today?"