||46.

This chapter is dedicated to Iyanuoluwa-Temi she's a really amazing writer. Kindly go over to her profile and check out her amazing works.

Enjoy.

                          • • •

              ||Eno's POV||

My friends and I got into the back seat of the black hilux car owned by the detectives. I was feeling drowsy no surprise there.

I knew I was weak, when talking to my friends. But I needed to summon strength to make things right with the one friend that had decided to stab me in the back, Osas.

Being alone in that disgusting smelly warehouse got me thinking. Maybe, I had been selfish.

Yes, Osas was jealous of me, but maybe I didn't give her nor my friends, any real attention. Though it didn't affect Shade nor Sofia, but it did affect Osas, which must have prompted her to do what she did.

I might also be wrong. Osas actions might be because of pure jealousy. But I felt it right, to settle things with her.

The car zoomed into the compound, after our gate man had opened the gate.

Standing at the foot of the stairs, outside the house, were mum and dad. Mum quickly rushed to the detective, whom afterward, pointed at the car. Mum dashed towards the car and opened the back seat.

Mother damped eyes met mine, before muttering the word, "Eno."

"Mother," I whispered back. I got out of the car and let mother wrap me in a warm motherly embrace. I had missed her hugs so much. "I'm so sorry for keeping you worried, mother."

"Shhhhh," Mother shushed me. "I'm so sorry for not taking notes of your life baby girl. "From this day on, your father and I, would keep an eye on you girls activities."

"Um mother," Emem scratched the back of her head. "Do you really wanna start that now? When we're almost done with school?"

"We sure are," Dad's voice echoed. I let go of mum and then hugged father. "So sorry sugar plum."

I gave a watery laugh. "It's alright dad. Right now, I'm so hungry and the back of my head still aches."

"Oh right," Mother jumped. "Let's go check out your injury and then, find you something to eat. Your friends can come in too."

Together with my friends and the detectives, we all walked into the house.

                         • • •

After mother had wrapped a bandage around my head, and gave me a meal meant to feed the multitude, it was time to speak to the detectives.

"Alex was um, someone who was jealous of Felix." I began.

"And why's that?" The black detectives asked.

I gulped the lump in my throat, "Cause Felix had more meaning to me." I spare a glance at mother, I knew she knew what I meant, but she wanted it to slide.

"In what aspect," Dad squinted his eyes at me.

"I was um.... Closer to Felix, which made Alex pretty jealous. He wanted me all to himself, but I couldn't and wouldn't let him. Turns out Alex, is someone who's super possessive and would go through any length to get what he wants."

"In other words," I sighed, while mother wrapped her hands around me. "He's a possessive psycho."

Dad stood up angrily. "A kid went through that length, to see my daughter suffer!" Dad foamed in anger. "Who is he?!"

"Calm down Mr Ekanem," The fair detective said. "This isn't good for your daughter's health."

Dad reluctantly sat down. We all knew he was angry cause his biceps were flexing out.

"We're glad you're back home, Miss Ekanem. Just stay back home for these few days, and don't stress yourself too much. Luckily, you've got a doctor as a mother. She would see to it that you're on bedrest." The dark detective smiled at me.

"And a sister who would be a slave for the time being." Emem muttered, making me to stick my tongue at her. I looked at Felix, whom was siting with his best friends, and then gave him a small smile.

The detectives stood up from the couch and extended their hands towards father. "We'd be going now. We're gonna head straight to the station, to know the fate of Alex."

"Thank you detectives," Dad thanked them, then stood up to see them off. Mum also excused herself, so she would prepare the medical shots I'd be taking later that night.

"So everything is back to normal?" Asked Saviour, which made me nod my head. "I meant, no psycho ex, no jealous best friend, no pervert step dad, no hard father, no____"

"Saviour!" We all yelled.

"What?" He shrugged. "I'm just saying. It's great to be normal." Saviour sighed, then rested his back against the couch.

"Normal could be boring," Dafe pointed out.

That made me to laugh, as I watched Felix get up from his seat, to come sit with me.

"Trust me," I smiled at my friends. "We've had enough fun that would last us for a life time."

A/N - Is this the end? Hell no

A Bonus chapter would be provided to you.

Yeah, I'm good like that 😊

Vote, comment and share!

Next update : tomorrow or next.

Till next time,

Adios

X
-Eddy