||16.

This chapter is dedicated to priztoria. Check out her first wattpad novel, SOME DAYS TO EXAM.

Enjoy,

                                   • • •

                  ||Eno's POV||

School was done for the day, but Mr Solomon had informed both the boys and girls teams, that there would be an emergency meeting. So, I pleaded with Emem, Sofia and Shade, to wait for me outside with our designated drivers.

Unfortunately for me, I sat beside Dafe, as we all waited patiently for Mr Solomon to arrive.

"I heard you've been given the captain's position, yet again." Dafe stated, trying to start up a conversation.

"Yeah," Was my short reply. I wasn't planning to start up a conversation with him.

"I also heard from Felix, that you're coming to my birthday party this Saturday." He continued, not taking the hint. I didn't know if he was trying to be real friendly, or real annoying.

"Yeah,"

I felt Dafe nod beside me, "Be careful."

"What?" I turned to look at him with confused gaze.

He tilted his head, to look me in the eye. "I said, be careful."

Still confused, I asked. "Of what?"

"More like, of whom." he replied dryly.

I sighed, as I glared at him. "Dafe, is your Warri brain loosing its knots again? If you don't have anything reasonable or sensible to say, shut up and don't talk to me." I snapped at him.

"Like seriously," I continued, "It's already a handful being friends with Felix, I don't want to be friends to his other doofus friends." I stopped rambling when Mr Solomon, walked into the court to address us.

"Good day everyone," He began. "Sorry for keeping you guys waiting. I just have a quick announcement to make."

We all sat up, to listen to Mr Solomon. "I'm gonna organize an all night and one day training." He informed us, which made most of the boys and girls to grumble.

"What do you mean by that coach?" Lexi, who happened to be my assistant sport female prefect, and also twin sister to the assistant head boy; Brent, asked.

"It means, you guys are gonna practice all night today. Then for tomorrow, I've discussed it with the principal, there would be no class for you guys."

"No class tomorrow?" Lexi voiced out again.

Mr Solomon nodded. "You all must practice all through the day tomorrow, and then go home to rest for Friday's night game. Competing with Greenville High, isn't going to be easy. We all are aware that their athletes are very good and we're not gonna ignore that fact. Now go home, talk to your parents and meet back here by six on the dot."

"Yes coach," We all responded at the same time. Immediately the coach dismissed us, I got hold of my backpack, then turned to look at Dafe.

"See you, don't wanna be you." And with that, I rushed out of the court.

Walking out of the school's building, I noticed an already pissed Emem.

"What the hell kept you?!" Yeah, she sounded so pissed.

"Coach," I simply said, then narrated everything to the girls.

"Well we need to get going," Sofia said, before walking over to her designated driver. We all agreed to meet at mum's hospital.