||42.

This chapter is dedicated to sarahknightly welcome back!!! 💓💓💓💓

Enjoy.

                         • • •

            ||Felix's POV||

I carefully maneuvered into Uncle Gerald's compound and parked at my reserved spot. Getting down from my car, I spotted Jeremiah's black Land Rover, close to uncle Gerald's one of a kind red sport car.

I grasped my backpack and hung it on both shoulders, before strodding towards the house.

Walking into the sitting room, I yelled. "I'm ho__" I stopped myself once I'd realised that everyone was in the sitting room. And when I said everyone, I meant everyone.

My mum, uncle Gerald, my two cousins; Rachael and Oge, aunt Chidinma, Jeremiah, aunt Itoro, uncle Genesis and the man who thought he still held the title of being my father.

I slowly placed the backpack on the floor, close to my feet. "What's going on?"

"Son," Aunt Chidinma began slowly, as she walked towards me.

"Aunt Chidinma," I looked at her. Aunt Chidinma said nothing but closed her eyes and nodded her head.

"You just have to sit, Felix." Aunt Chidinma adviced.

"I'll sit, when this man leaves." I declared.

"How about you just sit down and hear what he has to say." Uncle Genesis, whom was sitting with his wife, voiced out.

"Felix please," I looked at the one person I care about the most, which was my mother.

I angrily walked far away from my father, and then sat at a coffee table.

"Son___"

"Straight to the point," I muttered, interrupting Dad.

Dad sighed and nodded his head at the same time. "I was wrong son, and I'm sorry." I kept quiet and waited for Dad to continue, but he remained silent.

"That's it?" I asked with a hint of surprise. I wouldn't lie, I was expecting a reharsed speech or something.

Dad took really bold steps towards me. "I know now that there's nothing I would or will say, that will justify my wrong doings. So I'm here, to apologize to you and your mother." I felt stuck, as all my attention were drawn towards my father. "I need both of you back into my life."

Once father was done talking, I readjusted my sitting position. "One question goes to you, father."

Father nodded his head, as he waited patiently for my question.

"If Je..... Whatever her name was, hadn't left you for her main boo," I began. "Would you have come after your wife and I?"

Everyone was quiet, as they waited patiently for dad to speak. Uncle Genesis focused on his wife; aunt Itoro, as he listened to what she was saying to him. Uncle Gerald and aunt Chidinma stood upright, as they held their children in place. Mother paused her lips in anticipation to dad's reply. While Jeremiah, watched the scene in front of him, with a straight face.

"I wouldn't," Dad finally said. "And that would have ruined my life completely." I scoffed at that.

"But I believe that this is all God's doings." Dad rushed in. "He allowed all this to happen. He gave me a second chance, in other to go back to my family."

"I still love your mother and I know she loves me too," Dad went on. "Even after everything and you don't want me back into your life, why not just accept me cause of your mother."