12. Breath of Fresh Air

Start from the beginning

"Shekhar, Ragini told she would like to stay somewhere far from here for some time. I was thinking if we could send her to Maa in Banaras. She will be in a different atmosphere there."

"Par Mishti.." Shekhar tried to oppose.

"Sharmishta is not wrong, Shekhar." Dadi Ma supported Mishti. "Even I and your Babuji had a discussion on this yesterday. Now since Swara is not here, Laado will feel lonely."

"Papa, please." Ragini kneeled in front of Shekhar who is seated on the chair. "I promise I'll be a good girl there. I need some time papa."

Shekhar pinched her nose. "You have a full effect of living with Swara." He hugged her smiling while Sharmishta caressed her.

•~•×✿ו~•

"Maa, I and Ragini are sisters but we are so different. I may not be perfect like her in handling everything here.. I'm able to do..."

"We need a bahu who loves us, who cares for us. You and Ragini may be different, but you both have the same quality to love everyone. We all can understand you won't be able to handle everything all of a sudden. Your whole life is left. We can learn everything slowly." Annapurna caressed her cheeks. "And don't think that we don't know anything about you. Like you are saying about Ragini, your sister also used to detail about you." Both ladies chuckled, shared a warm hug and Swara continued opening her Muh Dikhayi gifts.

•~•×✿ו~•

"You are going? When? Where? Why?" Swara spoke frantically as Ragini sat tired of the drama unfolding. Swara came for her Pag phera and got the most unexpected news from her mother.

"I'm not going to leave from here forever. It's just for a change." Ragini said shrugging her shoulders.

"You didn't tell me before. Have I become 'Paray'?" Swara pouted along with her glassy eyes.

"Ohh! Sanky's Swarr, don't turn on your drama mode!" Ragini exclaimed.

"You don't feel bad leaving us?" Swara pulled Ragini to sit and asked amazed on Ragini's unusual cool behavior.

"No Swara! Not this time. I feel this is so important for me as well as our family. If I denies getting out this shell, may I won't able to move on from now, or more precisely from past. And what is needed to worry? I'm going to our Dida. May be I'll return being a better version." Ragini winked at Swara who was staring at her convinced. "I'm not leaving anyone; I'm trying to come back for all of you." Ragini said placing a kiss on Swara's forehead. "And you need to be Swara as well as Ragini for all in my absence. Double work, you know. Then you'll learn to cope up with responsibilities." Ragini giggled earning a playful smack from Swara.

•~•×✿ו~•

"I can drop you." Sanskar offered.

"Sanky, she's going to Banaras." Swara said in dismay.

"I know!" Sanskar rolled his eyes. "I'm going out of town. In fact.... Mumbai; a road trip. So I can drop Ragz."

"When did you plan road trip in between?" Ragini and Swara chorused narrowing their eyes.

"It was planned long ago. Need to meet some of my friends there. And I love road trips."

"Alone!" Ragini exclaimed. 

"That too by road!" Swara joined her. 

"Isn't declared a little late? Ragini asked folding her arms to chest. 

"And why was the gap for telling Mumbai as if you decided now?" Swara interrogated. 

"When are you planning to tell at home?" Shot Ragini.