Chapter 104: Storytelling (EP. 01)

Eight o'clock in the evening was when they all arrived in the courtyard. Aiden gently hopped off from his seat and helped his wife go down from the sled.

He assisted his mother next, saying a little thank you in advance. Kristoff and Anna walked away with Sven still attached to the sled, it was always a routine for them to feed the faithful reindeer his reward for his efforts.

Arendellian Guards bowed curtly as they passed by, giving their formal 'Good evening's to their king and queen. They entered the Great Hall without haste, their heels clinking against the thick wood beneath.

"My queen, King Agnarr and Queen Iduna are waiting for you and sire at the dining hall. And who might—"

Kai steered his gaze in shock to the woman behind Aiden, his gloved hands quivering in shock.

"Forgive me, sire, but I must be seeing ghosts—"

"We will explain later, dearest Kai, you have to calm down. It is best if only the castle staff and the family knows. And please, prepare a guest room if you may?"

"O-of course, sire."

As she watched the head butler stiffly walk away, Helena turned to her son with clenched teeth and hissed under her breath, "How does he know that I-?"

"He arranges Elsa and I's foreign trips, and he knows each reason why we travel back and forth. And there happens to be this one time Elsa and I traveled to the Northern Isles for your... You know." He cringed.

"Ah. So he must have heard about it, am I correct?"

"Indeed. There is much to discuss, mama. I would really like it if you pay a visit to my study later." He invited.

"Alright, I will. But... Did he just mention your wife's parents? I thought they were... If you know what I am saying."

"A long story, one that will be told for later, after dinner."

"Then I must retire to the guest room immediately."

"Ah, ah, not so fast, mama. You need not to be so shy," Aiden flashed her a smile, "I'm sure you'd love conversing with Elsa's parents. They are lovely people. And I am sure you are starving."

"You know your mother like the back of your hand." Helena laughed, patting her son's back, "I missed you dearly. Just so you know."

Aiden and Elsa shared a loving smile before the fire king nodded, "Trust me, mama. I know."
____________________________________

"Welcome back." Iduna grinned, embracing her daughters lovingly, "Just in time for dinner."

Anna and Elsa only gawked at the scrumptious Norwegian dishes on the table. Oh, and the lovely white bowl that consisted their favorite delicacy; chocolate.

"I was starting to get worried. It was getting dark." Added Agnarr, who took his wife's hand gently and lead her to her seat, "But over all, how was the visit? Oh, good evening, boys."

"Good evening, papa." Aiden and Kristoff politely greeted in unison, walking up to their wives directly.

"Gerda cooked her specialty for tonight. Why don't we all start?"

Kristoff looked at each seat one by one and realized, "Someone's missing. Aiden, where's Magoo?"

"Where is he—"

"OH GOODNESS!"

A loud, panicked shriek can be heard from the hallways along with a squeal of surprise. Aiden face palmed in frustration and jogged up to see what happened, Elsa following after him in worry.

There the General of Arendelle was, frightened and hugging his knees in the corner like a fearful little boy. Helena was standing before him, eyes widening in surprise to find her son and her daughter in law running up to them.

"What is the commotion here?" Aiden motioned to Magoo.

"W-wake up, M-magoo, this is obviously a dream... Or, this castle is haunted by Queen Helena's spirit..."

"Alright, cut it, Magoo. You are not dreaming, clearly."

Aiden gladly helped his former trainer with a hand, pulling him up to stand up, "My mother is alive and well, Magoo. I will leave the long story for later. But please, I beg of you, do not faint."

"Hopefully." The older man muttered under his breath before asking, "Where's Helen, by the way? Haven't seen that cat since you all left for the Valley."

Elsa sharply glanced at her husband.

"What about we eat some dinner and then we will curl up by the fire later like good children for a bedtime story?" Aiden groaned. He asks too much questions, he thought.

"You infuriate me." Magoo playfully shoved the king, "Alright, dinner. But you have some explaining to do."
____________________________________

"So, let me get this straight. You are submitted to afterlife and then the nicest of people gets the chance to be brought back to earth but in the form of a kitty and then if they find a way to return back to human form within twenty days they'll get to live permanently?"

"Indeed."

"I cannot believe I played dress up with my superior." The General of Arendelle groaned, burying his face in his hands in deep shame, his cheeks flushed in embarrassment.

"That bow was pretty stylish, to be honest," Helena laughed, "And I am no superior, Magoo. We are equals. I am no longer queen of the Northern Isles, and I finally get to be who I want to be."

"What?" Aiden questioned curiously.

"Just a regular person who does not need to be perfect and follow rules all the time. It's what we all are deep inside, don't you all agree?"

"Agreed." Elsa raised her glass of wine, a smile curling in her scarlet lips. Aiden clinked glasses with his wife before the two of them drank down the dark red liquor.

"I like this woman already," Iduna grinned, "Say, do you like scarves?"

"Oh, those are absolutely stylish! I used to knit some, too."

"You like knitting?! I finally have someone to relate the wonders of knitting!"

The Snow Queen and the Fire King exchanged looks and smiled lovingly, their parents are getting along quite well. Aiden winked at his beloved wife flirtatiously and the two shared a kiss in the midst of the night.