#18: Heart To Heart

Start from the beginning

"I got to say Jimin, this is quite impressive." Namjoon said making me turn to him. "I never would have thought to get her anything like this. You did really good."

"Thanks." I smiled. "It means a lot to hear you say that."

It was true. Namjoon didn't talk to me much and when he did he was usually short and not very friendly. I saw him exhale and look over to Yoongi.

"Babe, do you mind if I have a minute alone with Jimin?"

I felt my heart race, suddenly nervous. Yoongi only smiled and nodded, making his way outside to her back porch. He closed the door and you could see him get comfy on one of her pool chairs almost as if he was going to take a nap.

I looked back over to Namjoon who sat down on the couch. I rounded the coffee table and sat opposite of him so we could look at each other.

"Look," he started, running his hand over his face. "I'm not going to apologize for being protective over my Noona. She is one of the most important people in my life and her kind heart has broken more than once due to fuckboys taking advantage of her. However...over the last several months, my view have you has grown. On a professional level, you are a hard worker and have proven your worth more than once. In fact, Jin wants to give you a raise, and I have agreed to it but that conversation is for another time."

Shit...a raise? Hearing him say these things were making me feel so good about myself. I hope he realizes how much I care for and love his sister. I wouldn't do anything to hurt her.

"On a personal level, I see why my uncle and cousin have taken you in as family. You are a good person with a good heart. I have seen how happy my sister is, and I know a great portion of that is because of you. I see that you are kind to her, I see that you are good to her and you build her up, and for that I want to thank you." He took a slight pause and his jaw tensed as he looked me deep in the eye. "But make no mistake, if you are fucking with her because she opened her heart so easily to you, I will kill you."

He spoke with a stern voice, serious and threatening. I respect him for what he has said, and honestly, it's good to know that Noona has such a protective brother on her side.

But I needed to be clear to him.

I nodded. "I need you to be clear on something as well." I said, and he nodded, welcoming my message. "I will not walk away from her because you try to intimidate me. I will not allow your dislike for me ruin what I have with her. She makes me happy, and my goal is to make her happy. I respect your brotherly overprotection. I understand it and would expect nothing less especially in your unfortunate familial position. But make no mistake; I love her. Truly and deeply. I fall in love easily and quickly and I'm not ashamed of it. My end goal is to be her forever, which means your forever as well. I'm here for the thick and thin." I said making sure to keep eye contact. "So, I'm not going anywhere. And, I'm sure you know the anxiety Y/N gets when the two of us are in a room together. The tension that is very clear between us and it should end with this conversation. There is no reason for you to doubt my intentions, and there is no reason for me to take your coldness here on in. Can we agree on that? Can we agree to enjoy each other's company?"

He paused, looking me over and thinking. But then he smirked. "I don't dislike you."

It make me laugh. "Is that a yes?"

He stood, making me stand as well and he reach his hand out which I took. "It will take me a while, so I ask for your patience. But yes, I agree."

"Thank you." I said shaking his hand firmly.

"I'm going to go get Yoongi and then we are going to head home. We will talk next week about your raise and the new goals we have for the website. We are also going to talk about adding someone to your team, if you wish."